Where to move?

My house in the city of Buffalo just got robbed. I am sick of the west side and I am ready to move. This would be my first home purchase so I need some advice. My parents will be living with me, and they work in the southtowns (Derby). I go to school at UB. We need to move to a nicer town in between both places. Budget is <100k.

I was thinking Cheektowaga? Any insights? Any other towns that have relatively cheap taxes?

I also need a good realtor, any connections?

Thanks

We like West Seneca. Certain areas of Cheektowaga are turning very ghetto, people from the East Side are moving there.

Taxes obviously are going to be double at least coming from the West Side to the suburbs.

QFT
but there are still some nice places in cheekto to be found.

where on the west side were you living? I lived different places on the west side for 24 years and had pretty good luck

The epicenter of burglaries. 4 houses robbed in my street the past month. Down Massachusetts.

http://hfe.buffaloniagarahomes.com/property/detail.cfm?search_mlnum=B351677&search_property_type=RES#

massachusetts? i hate to say it but theres your problem right there…

i lived on college st for 4 years and never had a problem.

i bet if you moved into the area of richmond to linwood and allen to forrest i dont thnk you would have a problem.
hell have you thought about north buffalo? i love it up here.

I could of told you along time ago to move out of that dump area…along time ago.
I have live in buffalo west side for about 15 years and nothing but horrible shit happens

I moved to the north towns. Town of tonawanda to be exact and i like it
There is a house down the street from me that going for 99,900 and its worth it with 3 bedroom with 2 bath a 2 car garage and big back yard.

and we can be neighbors. close to the thruway etc.

here the MLS# B356761

Shit I’m going to buy that house…

posted the MLS for ya lol. have another nyspeeder on my street.

The Town of Tonawanda is a great place to live. Lots of restaurants, close to the thruway 190/290, Tops/Wegmans are 5 minutes away. The Town also does a good job with plowing in the winter, garbage (you can throw out pretty much anything), and keeping the parks up. When I move out I’ll probably be looking to stay in the Town.

North Buff rules. When I am ready to leave here(see old and kids) I will skip all the fggty burbs and hit the sticks.

I like Kenmore, I live in the village but taxes are higher.

ughh I hate the sticks…the GF lives in Alden, which isn’t really the sticks, but it’s out far enough where it’s pretty much an inconvenience to shop, get groceries, visit other people.

Wait, what? Don’t buy a house if location relative to a school you go to for a couple of years will influence where you buy. You’re at the wrong point in life. Just rent a place until you’re done with school.

i think he was also looking for his parents for long term. not just for location relative to school.

He said he’s splitting the distance between UB and where his parents work. I’m saying that a school you go to for a couple of years shouldn’t influence where you buy a home at all. That’s like buying a Subaru Baja on a 5 year loan because you’re going to do some landscaping next week.

Well I have 6 years of school left for my post bachelor’s degree (PharmD/JD). Right now I am looking for houses in the maryvale school district, and budget is approx. <$110k

I need a buyer’s realtor.

I agree. my taxes are stupid cheap. love my neighbors. even see hott cars drive by when cougarspeed is out and about :stuck_out_tongue:
My trash man take just about anything i put out (unlike NT where my rents live) I love the city.