LS/VTECH info

Time to bump up the speed of our 1990 Acura Integra race car. The race series is points based, and this hybrid conversion works well for us on paper. Does anyone have a 2017 (almost 2018!) version of how to pull this off? A Google search has lots of info from more than 10 years ago when this was a bit more popular of a thing. I don’t plan to rev this thing to a million RPM and I do not plan to turbo it.

Things I know:
Need a B16 head and intake manifold
Need a VTEC ECU
Should go with VTEC version of water pump, oil pump, timing belt
Need a conversion kit to plumb in the VTEC “stuff”

Things I’ve read:
Bigger injectors (H22 Prelude injectors?)
New valve train components
New head and rod bolts?

Where are the “best” places to buy crap like this?

@MrSmith

I’d also be interested in buying someone else’s Frankenstein motor if it’s in good shape and mildly built, I can’t afford (fuel wise or points wise) anything fully built.

God its been so long since I did this… you’ll want a b16 or GSR head and intake manifold ARP studs and head gasket. You dont need to swap the injectors as stock b series will work just fine, especially for an NA application. I doubt you plan on using power steering in a race car but if you do you’ll need a front bracket from a 99 civic SI I believe. Youll also need an OBD1 ECU that can be chipped. I believe I used a GSR integra ECU. I think you’ll also need a B16 or GSR distributor. Id also personally ditch that cable ls trans and go with a b16 si trans as the gears are shorter and much better for NA. If you were going turbo id say get a hydro ls trans. if I think of anything else Ill add it.

Honda-Tech is going to be your best friend for 99.9 percent of this.

I joined up with H-T recently and I’ve been trolling around there for months. This is such an old “thing” that there isn’t a lot of chatter about it lately. I did find a used setup for sale, supposedly has everything to drop in, for $600. I hadn’t read up on the power steering issue before, I’ll look into that as well.

Thanks!