LS1 Maf

Any way to polish it?

has anyone ever polished them before?

you can polish the ends. obviously not the plastic part

you mean i can bring it here and you can polish the ends for me?

:slight_smile:

Not that it matters, but I think that the LS1 MAF casting isn’t that rough to start with, and I’m not sure any gain would be worth the effort. Arguably, the screen in the MAF gives more resistance than the as-cast sides.

Of course, if having an as-cast MAF is a real concern, you could, for the same price, get a tune and go strictly speed-density and ax the MAF entirely.

huh?

i want it polished for the GN, i already got rid of the stock GM MAF and replaced with a better flowing ls1 maf, i just want it polished. It flows fine…

im not polishing the inside. same price as what? the mafless system for a GN is more than the 70 bucks i payed for this maf. Original Mafs for the GN are very hard to come by, all of the aftermarket are junk jap shit that might last a year.

bust out the dremel and go to town on it :tup:

umm yeah, you obviously dont know my patience level steve, lol, if i did it, it would be thrown within 10 minutes.

Ah, so you’re polishing the OUTSIDE. I get it now. And if the MAF is a different size than the original GN one, doesn’t that mean you need a new resistor or tune to accomodate the new values from the MAF?

In any case, I figure any machine shop can do that, or absent that, find a buddy who doesn’t mind sitting with a Dremel.

umm i have a polished one. did it myself. 400-600-800-1000-1500 then mothers paste.

lol how much? i dont have the patience to do that, trust me

haha

I am sure psychopjv would polish it right up for a few bucks

GN is 3 the ls1 is 3.5, i use something called a translator, the old GN mafs wouldn’t hit 255 grams at a steady pace, the numbers kept dropping off, so the ls1 maf keeps them steady. plus the car idles alot better.

i hear from a birdie hes a wiz at that :slight_smile: