Aftermarket MAF for LS1

Here’s the deal. My car came with a Granatelli (sp?) MAF when I bought it. I’ve heard of a lot of people having fuel mixture problems and losing power with the aftermarket MAFs. I’ve also heard that tuning LS1s with aftermarket MAFs can be a bitch. The car doesn’t feel sluggish, although I’ve only driven it less than 5 miles since I’ve bought it. What would you guys say I should do?
-Keep the aftermarket MAF and see if everything seems in check when I get it tuned in the spring.
-Try to get someone on LS1Tech to trade me their stock MAF for my aftermarket one.
Any help and input from the LS1 guys would be appreciated…thanks guys

Sell it and move on

buy my maf

buy my oem maf.
yes, aftermarket mafs are a nono. i made that mistake a couple years back

:word:

even the s-10/4.3 guys will tell ya. aftermarket mafs (esp. the granatelli) are a waste of money

get someone to trade for thier stocker

Yeah…I knew the aftermarket MAF was just going to lead to headaches down the road. The tough part’s going to be suckering someone into trading me their nice OEM one for my aftermarket. If that doesn’t happen, it looks like I’ll be taking a trip to the stealership.

no…theres lots of nOObs that will be more than willing to trade. just say you are putting the car back to stock to sell…done

^^ my thoughts exactly…

MMM fresh meat n00bs

EBAY IT you will make a bunch of money! Then spend it on longtubes thats my 2cents :wink:

Good idea, longtubes are already on the way.