LS1 owners inside....think I found something...

Well, im doing my header install right now (headers come in tomarrow so im taking off the factory ones tonight) which, i have only been working on it for almost 2 hours and have all the coil packs off, plug wires and almost all the manifold bolts out…well i noticed some funny engraving on each one of my head’s…

Passenger side header has a H something engraved into it…hard to read…the driver side just has a K. These were engraved with a Dremel because they are messy and deff. arent factory…

is it possible the heads are ported or something?? The header bolts are comming out pretty damn easy, like they have been off the car before…its taking me almost no effort to get them off…I know from quad racing when we have our cylinders ported, the companys that port them, engrave initials into them.

you post up on ls1tech or something?

to be honest with you a doubt it, my header bolts came out really easy, just gettin them in was a little hard :lol

If you have ported heads chances are you would have a cam, ive never heard of anyone in the ls1 community ever putting on ported heads without putting a cam in it, it wouldnt make sense, you wouldn’t see much of a gain from just heads especially since your stock cam would not provide enough lift to even get some good numbers out of the head, besides you trap speeds say it all. What did you trap a 104? thats pretty much what you should be trapping.

if their not factory could they be aftermarket replacement?

I trapped 105.7 with alot of traction issues

even on my 13.9, I trapped 105

Sounds very low given your claims that it can walk on water?

hmmm never made any outrageous claims like that…just said the LS1 is one of the top motors ever made.

Guess you forgot about your stock “modifications” include flex capaciter and how it runs 12s bone stock bullshit?

What was the ET on that 105.X trap? :ahh

some would say it’s probably one of the worst motors ever made, that’s why you can get gains out of it so easily.

An LS1 that’s a bit freed up…now that’s a good motor.

they have run 12’s bone stock…not going through this again lol

id rather do 12s stock, or with small bolt ons, than run 12s with 550+ AWHP.

:rofl

BTW, I went 12s with change found in my couch. :nono

yup, and went through how many different setups to… run 12s again?

Might be junkyard heads…its a possibilty. Look into it, previous owner may have fucked the heads up and got some stock ones from a yard, who knows.

wait wait…your ragging on me when you went 12’s with that much power?

Do I care about the track? Street son!

BTW, what do YOU run again? :lol

I went 12s with a $20 in mods in a 4,000LBS car. But, my car isn’t a 12 second car like yours is. Err, is supposed to be?

I wish i got mine back to the track before i sold it, should have went 12.6-12.7 :sad

just talked to the previous owner on AIM…as himself, he never touched the heads…but he said he wasnt sure about the owner before him.