Lumber Liquidators 60 Mins Report

Did anyone catch the 60 mins investigation? Apparently the laminate flooring that they sell has toxic levels of formaldhyde (spelling?). Very alarming since 85% of my house has hardwood flooring from them. Not sure if non laminate flooring is an issue, it wasn’t covered in the investigation.

yeah, that was a fun one to watch… step one for you is to determine where it was made. I think it only applies to laminate from china.

Yeah, I caught some of the show. The guy from Lumber liquidators really seemed to be a shady dude.
It was interesting to see the Chinese manufacturer’s not lying about meeting requirements, even under hidden camera… unless they were tipped off ahead of time in order to make Lumber Liquidators look bad and the story more interesting…

hmmm, maybe their prices will be getting even lower…I need to redo my kitchen, bathroom, hallway, and living room…then sell my house next year…

That’s not good… I’ve probably cut miles of that stuff on my table saw… that’s a lot of dust to breathe.

don’t worry, once it goes class action you’ll probably get a $20 check and a non-admission of guilt.

What interesting is the class action lawsuit in California is being backed by a bunch of wall street guys who are shorting the Lumber Liquidator stock.

I called the Walden Ave store and the guy had nothing to say except to call their “corporate resource line”, i would like some reassurance that the flooring i have is safe

What should be expected out of 99 cent per foot flooring?

ugly, short lasting, but not cancer.

I got real hardwoods from them for $1.66 per sqft. Glad I didn’t go laminate!

Glad my floors are 100 year old hard wood!

this only pertained to Chinese made. Really scary to watch.

Maybe you can get a free salad.

https://youtu.be/YEex-tOlTmg

Oh good. Im pretty sure this is what the laminate I put in the wood shop of the barn is. I guess I wont be putting the extra 300sqft in the basement of the house now…

I found this list of the products they tested. http://www.gcmonitor.org/ll-products-tested/

Dan

Irony

Haha, yup.

Dan

can someone school me on the health risk here?

If they put it in beer, how dangerous can it really be?

The majority of my house has the lumber liquidators laminate (the more expensive kind - 8mm with pad). Was installed 5 years ago and is made in China. The best part of it all, I am almost on my 3rd year of remission.

Tile FTW

Looks like all mine was made in Europe. :tup: Which explains the cigarette and coffee smell when I cut it.

Dan