LVD Drift Event.....June 19th!!

well i have two choices bigger wheels with lower offset or i build the car for tandem battles.

bigger wheels with lower offsets

idk i’d rather be out doing tandem runs then watching and looking at how big and shiny my rims are.

i can get big shiny rims next yr.

that’s your style man. i’d rather drive my car then make it look cool and worry about cracking or breaking something. not trying to put you or your car down at all. i love your car looks sick!

I agree, I’d like a baller set of wheels but when I finally do get some I will most likely not drift on them…that’s what my stocks are for haha

I wont worry about cracking or breaking anything on the coupe. It’ll be a zombie, but it will be finished before i ever run it. by finished i mean all suspension work done, aero, paint and wheels. We all know you can drift stock Ka just fine with the right set up

sure you can drift a ka just fine. i’m not saying i wouldn’t love to drift on baller 17x10’s but right now i’d rather spend $1000 on a cage and become a better drifter and move forward then have nice wheels and stay in the place i am at now.

$1000 is a lot for a cage. This aint no Formula D homes

and 17/18 stagger. 17s isnt really baller thats the easy way out

:rofl

$1k is NOT alot for a cage.

That’s how much new bolt-in 4pt roll bars are for my car.

I hate the idea of building a cage simply to adhere to rules.

The rules are there FOR A REASON. Build the best cage you can, within your budget and sanctioning body’s rules. Not JUST to appease tech guys.

You might get severely injured/die from an improper cage, and you might not, but why take the chance?

The whole ‘any cage is better than no cage’ mantra is NOT true under any circumstance.

rain? shine? whats up? i fucking hate wet drifting

Wtf? Why?

controll is totally different, idk what it is i just hate it

how rough is this lot? will i need an extra set of tires?

Not if it’s raining. I’d bring one extra pair if it’s dry though.

ok cool, ill run to goodyear today and put my chosen tires on haha…its nice having a stack of tires in your shed, just pick 2 and drive over to work lol

+1. Rode in a car on Monday at WGI with a “bolt in full cage” that scared the crap out of me. Not only would it not help in a wreck but I’m sure it would actually kill me from blunt force trauma to every part of my body.

Control is actually precisely the same, just less grip on the surface. :thumbup

Back to lurking…

How about you stop being a hoe, throw my 16s on that pig of yours and see if itll go slideways :excited

you wont!!!

It does go sideways. But so do my rear control arms over potholes. Smooth lot and I’m down. My car isnt getting driven again til mid-July.

It really isn’t that rough.