Lyons LM2 Streamliner - 1,700hp 0-LOL in 2.2s

This is up there with Will.I.Am’s car…

What size subs are going in this?

He certainly hits a lot of “key” words intermingled with plenty of vagueness for good measure.

koenigsegg was a nobody too at one point in the super/hypercar sceen and now they make cars that would be on my wall if i was 10

He doesn’t sound too confident, lol.

Koenigsegg’s innovation on the first concept in '94 was way ahead of the game. Hell, Koenigsegg had patents which were rejected in the early 90’s and appeared years after he started building cars. Pergo-style snap together flooring, and memory chips to store and playback music.

Watching the LM2…lots of buzz words and not much tech explained.

I’m not a Koenigsegg expert but from what I read on other forums multiple users have stated he built his company on the ideas of others. Is it true, I have no idea.

Well, looks like he’s removed all of his videos from YouTube. Doesn’t look promising.

Did you see the bodywork on that “thing”? It looked like a high school kid made it out of bondo, sanded it with 400 grit and rattle canned it.

Freeze the video at the 2:21 mark and follow the wheel lip.

I don’t know much about the history but the /drive has some neat videos about them.

Koenigsegg blows my mind continually. Guy seems so humble about the stuff they’re doing. Printing the divider flap inside the housing and even 3d printing that housing is cool.

Lyons is on a whole different level though. I want to see all the air ducts underneath it

Koenigsegg is awesome. I’m pretty sure he had much more capital to get his cars off the ground than this guy.

Oh it’s awful. This guy could probably get away with shit work like that at the Carlisle Custom Compact show but not at the NY Auto Show. I almost feel bad for him.

I wish that other video was up still. He was talking about a car that “rewired” itself and that everything in the car was run through only one fiber-optic cable.

Seems legit.

Its like he read one paragraph about Can-Bus and decided to sprinkle some magic on it.

Cringe-worthy article on this car & company - A Bumpy Start For Kevin Lyons's Much-Hyped Streamliner

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Kevin Lyons’s biography is also tough to pin down. His company website says that he “began his artistic education at the age of 4” and that he is “a 30-year custom car design and engineering veteran,” though he admits he spent the past 30 years working as a fitness trainer and a freelance graphic designer.

yikes.

Perhaps unsurprisingly, Kevin Lyons’s biography is also tough to pin down. His company website says that he “began his artistic education at the age of 4” and that he is “a 30-year custom car design and engineering veteran,” though he admits he spent the past 30 years working as a fitness trainer and a freelance graphic designer.

Yeah, I began my internal medicine education at the age of 4 and I’m a 30 year internal medicine and open heart surgeon, but I admit I’ve spent the last 30 years working in the related fast food service industry.

I just went from 0-LOL in 1.7 seconds. This thing is HEATING UP.