Mach Z got a little KKD Garage touch

My distributor for HID kits also sells LED offroad lighting that I wanted to try out and get a good idea on the quality before I really started selling an unknown product to anyone. And since I hate not being able to see on the trails at night, I decided to try them out on my new sled. Made some quick brackets and the lights are wired directly to the high beams. They only draw ~1amp each so the added draw should not have any affect on the factory wiring. I’ll hopefully get a chance to see the light output tonight to really see how well they will light up the trails… but so far I’m pretty happy with them.
A few pics. All hardware will be replaced with stainless steel hardware. The screws are just temporary:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f367/offroadzj/2005%20Mach%20Z%201000/IMG_20130106_132008_834.jpg

Depending on light output, I may opt for a slightly smaller light, but I’d rather have a little bulkier light with a better output than a smaller light that’s completely useless.

Looks like a subaru man. :lol More light at night is always a good thing!

Those things look like they are going to melt the snow in front of you. I bet they will be awesome.

Your not worried about them breaking off in that location?

The plastic is very thick. I also used a fender washer on the inside so that it is a larger surface area. It is secured by 3 points… the 2 screws (will be stainless bolts) and the horizontal bolt. They are very sturdy and should hold up well.

A few comparison pics:
Just low beams:

High beam with LED’s:

Sorry for the blurry pics, they were taken with my phone.

IMO, you can never have too much light on a trail sled. Can’t count how many times I almost wrecked at night by hooking skis in roots or around broken/run over saplings in the trails because I couldn’t see the debris in time.

I like them.

IMO they look stupid, but damn those things are bright as hell!

Yeah they look bright as all hell. The only thing I don’t like is the contrasting color of the shiny brackets compared to the rest of the sled. That’s an easy fix though.

The brackets will be painted or powdercoated black for the finished product. I am looking at what it would take to paint the inner chrome of the LED lights, but I’m not sure if I can or not. They are a little big IMO but I’d rather take the extra light over having a smaller one on there.

those look retarted

but they work.

and it will suck for any other sled on the trail coming at you. I see a fist fight in the future for blinding someone.

They look like the really shine some light, and that’s a good thing when night riding for sure. Not a big fan of the look though

They are tied into the high beams so they are only one when I have the high beams on… which I make sure to shut off when sleds are approaching or in front of me. So I shouldn’t blind anyone. I wish I could find one that is a little smaller but with the same light output… but these work for now.

i bet they wouldn’t look half bad if they were mounted right above or below the front bumper

I thought about that, but there were some issues. The front cowl goes forward so mounting them above the bumper would interfere with opening the cowl. Mounting them underneath would almost guarantee them getting completely ripped off. This was literally my only option where they are out of the way and have minimal risk of getting ripped off.

I wish someone would make bolt in replacements for full size GM trucks fog lights with these things. But you’d blind on coming traffic lolol

Are you ditching the decals?

Most likely not. As much of a plain black ‘murdered out’ fan I am, I do kinda like the graphics… it sets it apart from every other black Mach Z.

our fog lights are actually bright as hell.