machine shop in Edmonton

Hey guys,
Does anyone know of a shop that can mill a block and head for a good price? And what about getting a crank/con. rods balanced?

g

I had a place by “edmonton salvage” right across the street do mine. good work and price.159st and 134ave or so.
pm me i’ll find his phone#/name if interestead at home.

best engine

THATS IT , talk to Jerry there. He can get you some good aftermarket bearings /rings etc as well. Clevite tri-metal is my preffered non oem bearing.

You guys remember the pricing by any chance?

g

There is also Bel Engines on the South Side. They do everything for me…

To be honest they all competitive in price. I paid like 500$ or so to have mine disassembled+ inspected, deeped /cleaned, crank .10 over. And of course decked .Than another 300-400$ for rings/bearings/gasket set etc. I than assembled it on my own . If you want them to assemble it its extra 500$ i think. And flywheel was another 50$ to machine.
e-c machine is good also, but turn around time was over a week Jerry did it in 2. My other friend used alberta machine or something also paid similar.

Did you have the bottom end balanced too?

g

nope. Based on what i was reading nissan makes internally balanced engines , so as long as you use plastiqgage and torgue wrench when you assembeling bottom end you should be ok. Don’t take my word for it thow. I assembled my own so there was no way to balance it anyway. If shop assembles it they will balance it.

the block shop is also a very good bunch of ppl…reasonably priced too.