Made a super nerdy purchase.

That’s the exact reason I bought the PS3 was for the blu-ray player. I only have a couple games that I rarely play. If you’re into music DVDs there are some really awesome Blu-Ray concert discs.

a 3’ - 6’ cable will not matter, 12’ will be pushing it. but when you are talking shorties there is no difference in signal between a $4 cable and a $100 anyone who says different is an ignorant fuckstick.

this is pretty funny coming from the guy who tried to play metal gear solid 3, played for literally 4 minutes then said “this shit is fggt shit” and walked away

like this then? http://www.slickdeals.net/permadeal/13601/2-Pack-of-6-HDMI-1-3b-Cables-7

Meh, I’d just order from monoprice, stuff is literally at my house the next day. Very good customer service.

Thiswill work fine.

yeah either will work, if you can get away with 3 footers i would do that. Even less of a chance of getting a shitty signal, not that 6 feet should be a problem.

Works for me, thanks :tup:

Word, i hate the thought of anyone being suckerd into buying those overpriced cables. Hell i dont even like hearing about people shopping at best buy knowing how much their shit is marked up.

Nerdy is the way to go. I just set up a Netflix server. I have a dedicated PC for streaming netflix in my TV stand. Wireless keyboard and mouse on my coffee table. It rocks.

Someone was just telling me about streaming netflix… however, I think I’d need to get internet first…

:banghead:
There is not going to be a difference. IME, 3’ is almost always too short unless the unit is right next to the TV.

The quality is pretty crappy, they will be rolling out HD (starting w/ Xbox though) but even now, the library is pretty small. Its neat, but not there yet. It will be great when the entire netflix catalogue is available online to stream in HD. Fuck DVDs.

Doesnt xbox live have a HD marketplace?

yes.

and there are some audio and video syncing issues on cheap cables that are long runs. monster is a bunch of marketing hype and smoke and mirrors. i wouldn’t worry too much about it on a 6 foot cable though.

what tv do you have newman?

blue jean cables get great reviews. they are cheap. i know a bunch of audiophiles who use those cables.

http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/sc/32368994-2-200-0.gif

http://reviews.cnet.com/projection-tvs/toshiba-65hm167/4507-6484_7-32368994.html

not bad. not my personal preference, but toshiba makes a decent television. :tup:

it was only 800 bucks.

actually, their library is pretty decent these days. With the exception of oddball movies/tv shows, I’ve never had a problem finding anything to watch.

I do agree though, it will be nice when they make their ENTIRE library available.

Doesnt xbox live have a HD marketplace? 		

yeah, but you have to pay for them. With netflix, as long as you have their service and xbox live, you can watch them for free

I know the feeling. I practically pulled my jacket over my head perp-walk style when I bought my wife’s Macbook.