Made a super nerdy purchase.

I have had a 65" 1080p tv for about 5 or 6 months now…

I don’t have cable

I don’t have the internet

I didn’t even have a DVD player.

All i had was the Original PS2…

So i finally sucked it up. I went out to buy a blu-ray player, and wound up with a PS3.

I’m pretty excited… my normal DVDs look infinitely better

And i picked up a few blu-rays… and they look incredible.

I probably will never own a single game, though…

I felt like a real jerk carrying it through the mall, though…

I’ve had my PS3 for a year now and I only have 3 games for it. It is mostly used as a DVD/Blu-Ray player as well. Hope it’s hooked up via HDMI. It looks best that way.

sell out

lol

inb4newoutfit

Yeah, I had to buy the GD HDMI cable for like 60 bucks. I lolled at the guy trying to sell me a 200 dollar 6ft monstercable

i just got one friday :stuck_out_tongue: don’t feel so bad, its fun haha

Not that you care, but HDMI cables are like 4 bucks on monoprice.com

i was actually going to ask that… does it matter which HDMI cable i get? Like i see the cheap ones listed on there, is there a certain spec to look for ?

I think I’m gonna do the same thing.

X…

http://www.hometech.com/audio/mc-z1p.jpg

Or

http://news.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/10381/390292.jpg

Of course it matters…

Get the cheapest HDMI cable you can find. Seriously. I compared the cable I bought off of Amazon for less that a DOLLAR (cost $4 to ship) to a $100 Monster HDMI cable and saw absolutely no difference whatsoever.

over priced cables = :tdown:

I think I may buy one for Rock Band

Jay - It doesn’t matter, HDMI is digital, the signal either gets there, or it doesn’t.

wat a fgt

Ah, good to know. Honestly, i just bought the thing and didn’t want to wait… Maybe i’ll buy one online and return the other one…

Just make sure that you get the right length…

Figure out what you need before you order it.

I bought a 4 foot cable, and it is about 1/2 an inch just long enough to attach to the tv.

You can get them in different colors or whatever if you like, but they are all going to show the same picture…

For $399 you cant go wrong buying a ps3 instead of a stand alone player…

next u’ll be snacking on a slimjim while jabbing a needle into your arm.

lol.