Make it so noobs have to post one post in newbie section ?

I say no. Lurkers might be turned off by it. Unless your intent is to prod them to join.

if they want to use the forum, they should at least let us know whats up.

maxima.org has a min 15…make it 10

added poll

doesn’t work

ok maybe it does work…

but not for me. LOL…it won’t let me vote. what did you do howie! :stuck_out_tongue:

You suck at computers

i think they should be able to view all forums, things like that turn people off of forums. for example on shoforum they enacted a policy that you have to have a paid email account to register so you can’t use yahoo or anything like that to register on that forum now. imo that will cost them members.

and like ws said before i don’t see new commers as a problem unless they are police and are trying to exploit the forums so 2 years later they can think they are in the know.

might filter out jackasses like blowncobraduder or whatever who sign up simply to cause drama if thy actually have to take time to introduce themselves and that sort of deal

downgrade skunk to NOOB

up yours ass LOL

all i can see are the results. Under the results i see a message…which says:

Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

I say no. Some people just wanna sign up and browse around and see what the site content is. They may not feel like posting up just yet. I think no one should be forced to do anything. I would imagine we would prefer for people to post up only cause they browse the site and like what they see. Forcing someone to post would probably get alot of people to say eh screw it and click on the red x in the upper right hand corner.

So yeah, i say NO. :slight_smile: There are a few boards i mainly lurk on, because i like what the site offers, and eventually i have made some posts, but for the most part i lurk to get what i need info wise from the boards. If i was forced to make a post, i probably would have said screw it and not bothered. :gotme: But i am pretty lazy.

The funniest thing is all the lurkers are shitting there pants reading this thread afraid that they might not be able to lurk anymore.

Why not just lock a few forums like classified and kill stories but leave open General Auto and technical…etc

Erm, why? This makes as much sense to me as registering to see the forums.

I’m a new person…

If anything noobs should be allowed to post in classifieds without a probationary period of a few days. Asides from that should be able to view it all.

I switch my vote to yes. I’ll tell you why, Howie!