Mazda CX7

So were shopping for a new car for the GF. Shes had her lancer since she graduated high school in 03 (which she bought brand new). So i made up huge list of vehicles. Audi A4,BMW X5,Jetta,Civic,Infiniti etc etc. She comes back with the one thing i never thought about, a mazda…

07 Mazda CX-7 Touring
AWD - 4cyl turbo
navigation, sunroof, backup camera, 18", loaded every option besides leather.
54k and automatic 6spd
Asking 17,500 got it for 16,400. Books for close to 20k.

Car is spotless inside and out besides one bad window switch which theyre fixing. So anyhow before we pull the trigger 100% (saturday) is there anything i should know about these cars? I know nothing about mazda.

She wanted a SUV that got semi good MPG, luxury without breaking the bank max of 17k. I was really routeing for an X5 but there 20ish for a nice one. We want 70k or less miles.

So main thing thing is, how is this CX7? and what else is out there thats in same price range thats maybe better i can show her?

skimmed it, mixed reviews, saw something about a streched timing chain and bad turbo lag, but girls don’t complain until the wheels fall off

When I’m the one fixing it, I’d like to know what I’m in for. Edmunds a good spot to look?

Found out the cx7’s are known for blown motors due to oil sludge if synthetic isnt ran since day one. So i made her go to a VW dealer and walked away with a mk5 05.5 jetta GLS loaded to the brim with everything.