Mazda CX9 opinions

Probably a long shot but figured I’d ask. With the kid and her friends and the wife and I making friends with the kid’s friend’s parents it seems like once a week I’m missing the 3rd row in my Expedition. I don’t want to go back to a truck based SUV as both of us have been enjoying the sportiness of the Murano. The CX9 got great reviews for being sporty (for a 7 passenger SUV anyway) and I can pick up a 30k mile few year old one for under 20k. From my research seem pretty solid other than some issues with the transfer case.

Wondering if anyone here has experience or opinions on the platform.

PM JBGTI. :tup: He works at Towne Mazda and can probably help you find a good vehicle as well.

My wife had a CX-7. She really liked it. Pretty similar to the 9 just smaller. It wasnt a bad vehicle. Only bitch was it was turbo so fuel costs and oil changes were a little more pricey than your average na vehicle.

But I don’t believe the 9s are turbo.

That’s all I got really. Sorry for the apple to oranges comparison!

Thanks Paulo!

Jays, pm me with any questions. The cx-9 is a great 7-passenger vehicle. Premium build quality w/o the premium price tag and its a blast to drive. It feels a lot smaller than it is when you’re behind the wheel. I’m happy to help with any questions! We drive its baby brother, the Cx-5. Swapping to a cx-9 when the lease is up!

Check out the Honda Pilot too! It’s not SUPER sporty, but it handles easily. Nothing like a truck.

Thanks. We aren’t doing anything until the spring but I’ll keep that in mind.

We looked at the Pilot and my wife just doesn’t like the big box style. Since it’s her daily driver gotta make sure she’s happy with it. It’s too bad Honda didn’t take the style of the CR-V and upsize it the way Mazda took the style of the CX-7 and upsized it to the CX-9. I guess Honda already makes a good looking Pilot though, they just call it the Acura MDX.

:tup: JBGTI- he got my wife into a CX-5. Plus, he has the best hair in the game.

my uncle has a CX9… he loves it.

Silly women, the Pilot is a great SUV.