"Crossover" anyone own one? or have information?

Thinking about getting a new family machine. Any one own one of the following?
CX-9
Murano

has anyone towed with it?

zoom zoom. sweet looking xover with mazda turbo peppyness. > aztek anyday.

call jeff (SIo1) at northtown im sure he can arrange a test drive.

How much you looking to tow? The CX-9 is only rated for 1500 or 2000 I believe. A lot of the cross overs top out at 3500.

CX-7 = 2000
CX-9 = 3500
Murano = 3500

looking to spend lower then 35K

get a used MB ML430 or 500 motors fucking run forever

buy a ford edge or lincoln mkX so I can keep my job

RX330’s are rated in the 3000’s for towing i believe also and can be had slightly used for under 30k

i wanted to buy new. b/c of the warr. i might drive the CX-9 tonight. I was also thinking about the new GMC. the new GMC has a 4600 towing.

I’ll ask again… what are you towing? Hard to comment on your tow vehicle selection without knowing what you’re towing.

A jet ski, anything will work. A tandem axle car trailer + car and none of them will work well or last very long, the exception being the Acadia since you can get it close to a 5k rating. How often will you tow? Once or twice a year you can get close to the limit or a little over and probably be fine. During the summer I tow at least twice a week, so I bought something more than capable so I wasn’t wearing parts out real fast.

I am going to purchase a new trailer (alum)(1550lbs)(18’car trailer). I tow about once a week (racecar) some times more (depends on how many pmz i have to pull other stuff). I will have a new racecar and it will be under 2k. the question was to get an over all “feel” “if any one had them, and if they did they tow with it.” NOT WHICH ONE SHOULD I GET.

PS i have a Superduty right now. and my father has a 3500. I wanted to know if any one has towed with either.

I bet its going to be difficult to find someone that actually tows with one of those… They look pretty sweet though, next to a turbo forrester that would be my next choice for a cool grown up vehicle.

If you’re towing 3500lbs + tools and support stuff for a race car at least once a week the word “crossover” shouldn’t be in your vocabulary IMHO.

thank you, IMHO

The Ford Edge is actually a nice vehicle

My buddy had one. VERY VERY expensive to fix ANYTHING.

He dumped it for fear of any serious issues and the associated repair bill.

you know i thought about that, but the i put it on yahoo autos with the cx-9,murano, and the projected resale was SUPER low(but i thought that anyways) I like murano it is the only one, that has been around for years. I am going to check and see if they are flex fuel.

Ange has a 430 with 105K on it, never needed more than a 2K suspension repair (at 100K mind you)

I would be scared to tow with:

A Nissan
CVT

that was my thought too. well i test drove the CX9, and the ACADIA. My review:

CX9
Good: brakes, pick up, room, shifting, gagets
Bad: 3500 tow

ACADIA

Good: 4600 tow,can fit a sheet of plywood, pick up, brakes
Bad: it is a GM, it is a GM

There is absolutly nothing wrong with that

GM makes great trucks. Cars suck, but trucks are great…