Suggest me a tow vehicle for under $30k

Must have less than 20k miles (prefer new for the ease of purchase, although slightly used is fine).

Looking for something to tow the bike with and be a dd. Taking suggestions.

If youre looking for a pickup, take a look at the Honda Ridgeline. I got to ride in one, and oh man are they nice… They have some unique features, like storage bins under the bed of the truck… pretty neat.

Ridgeline looks hideous IMO. So that’s out :smiley:

Doesn’t have to be a pickup, just has to tow my bike. I went a checked out the 06 Frontieers the other day, I hate econo interiors :frowning:

meh

ford escape hybrid for the fuel mileage win, but probably has the same shitty interior…

maybe older pathfinder or infinity version?

or toyota Xrunner.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyota-Tacoma-XRUNNER-BRAND-NEW-NEVER-TITLED-X-RUNNER-BLACK_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6439QQitemZ4603118448QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

those are pretty damn cool…

tow weight of bike + trailer? sportbike, harley, dual axle, etc?

STi :smiley:

new dodge hemi ram wih cylender shutdown

go new it will save you the bread in the long run with lower finance rates

i pretty sure a hemi ram will hold its value pretty well also

if you want somthing small i would go with a toyota tundra. for some reason i like those things

A slightly used pathfinder :tup:

97-02 pathfinder

:word:…i’ve always liked pathfinders…

+1 for pathfinder

dont use a tow “truck” as a DD, i have a Superduty and it hearts fuel…

but a nice RX300 used 02-03 would be nice

I have and have had all sorts of trucks (ford, chevy, and dodge) for hauling and towing. And while I can’t complain about any of them, none of them got good gas mileage, and most weren’t comfortable.

if you are going to be taking long roadtrips, especially with more than one person…get an SUV.

I’m still kicking myself for not buying a honda pilot. My electrician has one and he loves it. It can tow up to about 2 tons, it has a ton of cargo space, and the gas mileage is decent…plus honda reliablility.

you can tow a bike with anything, everyone Always tows way too big of a truck for what they tow

ie. f350 turbo diesel towing a jetski

I would get a 4 runner, toyota reliability, looks hot, and excellent resale

ive been looking at bmw x5’s u can get a x5 4.4i (v8) for around 25k used on ebaymotors

You see wome wierd ideas aboout towing. I have a Silverado 1500 and it tows my 6,000lb car/trailer fine. Yet I have a friend who bought an F-350 Diesel to tow his two snowmobiles. If you are towing a bike on an open trailer, you can use almost anything. My wife’s outback is rated to tow 1,000 or 1,200lbs or something like that. That’s enough to tow a bike.

Pathfinder or 4Runner

Liberty. My goodness does the Liberty drive better than those old Pathfinders.

I bet you could get a good deal on the new Grand Vitara. They’re actually very nice. Suzuki needs to market their lineup better.

yep, thats why i said STi. shit, put a hidden hitch on the S4

gettin in and out of the back of a liberty sucks, big time

Many suburus are rated at 2,000lbs, actually. :slight_smile: