Mc PHERSION 2 DOUBLE WISHBONE 4 s13?????

hey just wondering if there’s a swap to convert the Mc phersion struts to a double wishbones is possible, or is that just a myth. i heard that u can sawp one of the skyline front suspensions into the s13’s and it’s “direct bolt on” is that true? oooor is that POO

If so how would i go bought doing that mod that what issues can i run into.

lol it doesn’t bolt on and u’d need to modify the strut tower alot to fit them. why bother…

exactly not worth modding a car that pulls .89Gs stock and can easly get to pull 1g with right parts

S - CHASSIS ftw! :smiley:

haha, Nelson…

Better camber curve, better managed toe , why not? Haha, but $$$.

Mcpherson strut suspension suck, I mean you can make them work and be fast, but its not ideal.

It’s been done by full-race on an s14… can be done on an s13, hell even mustang guys do doublewishbone suspensions.

I’m sticking with my mcpherson for now though :slight_smile:

I doubt anyone will support you on this forum to do it, they’ll say the same thing over and over again but hmm, if you REALLY want to, do it, but I doubt you will… it takes work, its not a simple bolt on affair.

sigh
Are you actually suggesting completely altering the suspension configuration of a car? I’m quite certain that no one on this website is even remotely qualified to be altering the suspension geometry, much less dare and try to redesign the suspension completely. There’s a pretty important difference between tweaking alignment settings and what you’re suggesting. Just leave this to the PhD’s in the labcoats, it is definitely not where tuners should tread.

I know you won’t do it bro,
but ya, I think for the most part that’s what makes a S-Chassis…

& for a car like an S13/S14/S15, they’ve been good/sharp handling performers.
Hopefully your not looking @ our buddy’s Acura Integra GSR for
inspiration, haha :cool:

There is a conversion, it’s part of a kit to allow an AWD RB26 swap into an S14. It was in a magazine last year or the year before. But there’s no point unless you plan on running some driveshafts through there.

I’d look it up but my girlfriend has most of my car mags right now.

^^ likely Full-Race’s kit :slight_smile:

I couldn’t remember if it was actually Full Race that did the kit. I remember their name on the car, but I forgot they did the whole kit.

Werd, that be she.

Didn’t they mention in the article that they were thinking about making a similar conversion kit for S13s as well?