McMaster-Carr doesn't like Canadian Business

So after trying to order parts from McMaster they sent me this wonderfull email:

Andrew,

Thank you for your inquiry. McMaster-Carr now only accepts

orders from a few long-established customers in Canada. We no longer

sell to private individuals outside of the United States, and we will

not be able to accept your order. We regret any inconvenience that

this causes you. Your credit card has not been charged.

I’ve know about this company for years through many people and the school SAE team. I’m getting fed up with trying to deal with american companies, is our Canadian market so small that my $100 isn’t worth anything to them at all. I planned on ordering some expensive measurement stuff from them over the summer.

Andrew.

what did u need to get from them?

metric rod ends?

i an hook a brotha up if so.

Titan (pete) orders from there quite often if Im not mistaken.

Ask him how he does it.

im more than certain people here can get whatever you need

Alot of the hardware they carry cannot be purchased here. I haven’t personally ordered stuff through them, but I wanted to have them as an option for odds and ends I need once and a while.

Yeah bing I was ordering 3/8" rod ends from them. I’m re-thinking my approach now, I’ve been doing so much welding on the car the last 2 months. I might as well weld the damn endlinks to the control arms :lol:

Andrew.

i can get you 3/8" rod ends all day long…

told ya ;]

:lol: I know bing can get me rod ends. There is more to hardware than rod ends though. Frustrating as hell, everytime I try to order from american companies they tell me to fly a kite.

Andrew.

But what if he needs them at night ?? :noes::noes:

But what if he needs them at night ?? :noes::noes:[/quote]

or in the morning

dammnit… you guys are right

i fail

But what if he needs them at night ?? :noes::noes:[/quote]

Sorry forgot to laugh :roll:

Thanks Bing, I’ll talk to you on MSN about them later in the week.
Gonad I think Pete orders them through his work.

Andrew.

thats odd…
when did you place your order?
i just purchased a whole bunch of shedule 40 piping for my custom exhaust manifold a little while back with no issues, even no shipping costs

I setup my order couple evenings ago and sent them an email at the same time regarding shipping procedure since there website is a little flaky on that issue. Anyway, thats the email that was sent back.

I found it odd, that there website does not state this anywhere, I’m wondering if this email is full of shit. In anycase, my business is going elsewhere now.

Andrew.

I think it was the email that did you in.
If you just order through the online process you can choose all the options for shipment. In fact when I got mine, I didn’t even get hit with any brokage or shipping fees, it just landed on my door, and hell I placed my order on Saturday and it got to my front door on Monday.

naw. they just dont like you. i sent them a picture of you getting shillacked tighty whitey styles by jantos and they weren’t impressed. said you shoulda beat that assclown down. but, since you didn’t, you fail. no mcmastar-carr for you.

Yeah figures being upfront would do that. Da well, thanks for input dude.

:lol: Sasha for the win

Andrew.