me + bald tires + snow =

5 360’s, 2 pissed off commuters, 1 scared shitless kurt and 1 talon along the side of 28 :frowning:

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi
5 360’s, 2 pissed off commuters, 1 scared shitless kurt and 1 talon along the side of 28 :frowning:

buy a Prizm.

I have summer tires and only two drive wheels and i was able to keep it over the speed limit all day.

:smiley:

i hope the you and the car are all right

Originally posted by slowcamaro
i hope the you and the car are all right

I’m just glad you’re ok and you didn’t wreck. We both need to get new tires :mad:

i’m fine the car is fine, i stopped about 5": from the car behind me, it was a younger kid.,…the girl with him was def pissed, he seemed intent on makin sure i was ok. i was going maybe 25mph in a line of cars, only thing that kept me from hitting anyone is that i was spinning and moving forward just as fast as i was moving before, so theyhad time to slow down. quick thinking kept me on 28 as i crossed lanes 3 times. then to end it all i pulled off the road and slid into bout 12" of snow beside the guardrail and buried the right side of the car. i took pics with my phone but i dont’ have the link to them handy (i’m at work)

what a freakin day.

Originally posted by BlueMeanieTSi

where’d ya spin? It can get really bad northbound right after you go over the 1st freeport exit. I almost fux0red my g/f’s rents’ explorer there…

bout 1/2 way between slate lick and freeport, the rears just all the sudden let go out of nowhere and i was along for the ride…man i’ve never been that scared cuz i knew there were 2 trucks and a couple cars behind me

people always rave about AWD in the snow…but i think its easier to spin out with it compared to a FWD.

nah i never got winter tires this year because i bent a wheel on my 16’s and had to put my 17’s on earlier than i expected and i’m still on kumho esta’s or whatever they are…absolutly dangerous in the snow as i now know. and 17" winter tires are just…blah expensive

Originally posted by 1320
people always rave about AWD in the snow…but i think its easier to spin out with it compared to a FWD.

meh… i dunno, ive always found the AWD to make snow driving many times more palpible. Since Kurt was only going 25mph and spun like 3 times, im guessing some black ice was the culprit, and thats gonna fuck FWD or AWD.

Should have bought one of Dem Subaroos- its got tha transfers power slippy thingy to have traction.:smiley:

yeah, my dad helped me dig the car out i was behind it when he took off,…nothing like hearin that thing wind out like that and only the rear tires spinning :eek:

Originally posted by Darkstar
meh… i dunno, ive always found the AWD to make snow driving many times more palpible. Since Kurt was only going 25mph and spun like 3 times, im guessing some black ice was the culprit, and thats gonna fuck FWD or AWD.

yea true… tires play a huge role as well. I just bought a Nissan Pathfinder recently …and it flat out rips through snow and ice. It also has awesome snow tires though too.

Here’s the buried Meanie…

:eek: yikes…

whew. glad you didnt fuck anything up

on a side note, my new camera phone takes suprisingly good pictures.

Originally posted by Shaggy
Should have bought one of Dem Subaroos- its got tha transfers power slippy thingy to have traction.:smiley:

Lol :rofl:

i need a prizm so i may brag