Memory Lane: My RSX Type S…

I think everyone here has that one car they wish they kept or one they had the most fun with. In 2003 I bought what would become my favorite car I have owned to this day, a 2003 RSX Type S. I did the slapshow.com tour in 04/05 and I had it at Judgment Day in 2004 if anyone thinks it looks familiar or remembers.

It was a bolt on car, not much or anything at all for power adders but it was fun to drive and a car I didn’t have to worry about tons of power mods going wrong, I drove it a lot and wanted it to be reliable. I never liked huge body kits, big wings, or any of that shit.

I parted the car out before I traded it in 2006, the only thing I left on it were the coilovers because I didnt feel like fucking with that again. The rear carbon diffuser got beat to shit and had a ton of scratches and deep scrapes, its now on a track driven RSX in Florida enjoying its retirement lol.

Mods were:

-HKS HiPower cat-back exhaust (changed to a Buddy Club Pro-Spec with rear diffuser)
-HKS Super Mega Flow Intake
-J’s Racing Engine torque dampener
-OEM Honda Japan Type R valve cover
-Vision Carbon Fiber intake manifold cover
-Vision Carbon Fiber plug wire cover
-HKS Limited Edition D1 oil cap
-HKS Limited Edition D1 radiator cap
-HKS Hipermax 2 full coilover suspension
-HKS Hipermax 2 front upper pillow-ball mounts
-Ingalls rear camber kit
-OEM Honda Integra Type R headlamp housings (authentic)
-Nokya H-1 Arctic Yellow Hi-Beam Bulbs
-Greddy Gracier front lip
-Acura A-Spec OEM side skirts
-First Molding Japan rear carbon fiber under diffuser
-OEM Police Interceptor emblem from Crown Victoria police cruiser
-VOLK Racing Limited Edition CE28N 18X7.5 wheels, gunmetal w/ polished lip +43 offset
-RAYS Engineering Black duraluminum lug nuts
-TOYO Proxes T1-S 225/40-18 tires
-Silver color matched painted calipers
-Spoon Sports flame burnt titanium shift knob
-Kenwood KVT-911DVD monitor/ receiver/ DVD player with TV tuner
-Acura OEM base model RSX radio trim panel
-JL Audio 500/5 5-channel amplifier
-JL Audio XR-650csi 6-1/2" component speakers (front)
-JL Audio XR-525cxi 5-1/4" co-axial speakers (rear)
-JL Audio 10W3-V2 10" subwoofer (dual 2-ohm voice coil)
-JL Audio RCA cables
-JL Audio 4AWG Amplifier power cable, nickel plated fuse holder, ground lug, and power connectors
-Lightning Audio 1-farad capacitor with nickel plated terminals
-Custom fiberglass enclosure and amp rack, 16ga. stainless steel flames around devils head, and under 1/4" smoked plexi-glass spare tire cover

Shots look hella-dunpy because I took them with a P&S camera back in the day.

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/killerblackbird/1-150.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/killerblackbird/1-62.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/killerblackbird/Album2/HPIM1956-600.jpg

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff80/killerblackbird/Album2/HPIM1034-2.jpg

nice car, lots of cool parts but a little too…cluttered?

had some big $ parts on that

I would rock it! looks nice. Who did the stereo work?

yea the stereo work looks good, unfunctional but pretty sweet

Really not bad looking. Is the “Police Interceptor” badge a “Prowl” tribute? lol

+1

and +1

Overall it was clean, though. I know the MR2 will be “that car” if I ever sell it, I don’t think I’ll ever have the heart to.

nice car, and i remember it from judgment day for sure.

i thankfully don’t have any car i wish i kept that i don’t have any more, and don’t plan on getting rid of the fd.

Ehh, maybe a little. I would take a different route if I did it again.

Indeed :slight_smile:

I did everything on the car myself except for the alignment (obviously). The fiberglass work was a winter project I did in the basement.

It was actually still somewhat functional. The smoked lexan cover on the floor covered the OEM spare tire, the stainless flames beneath the lexan hid the ugly spare even more, or what you could see of it when the cover was on. I built/designed the whole hatch set up so its shape held it in place and did not mount anywhere to the car. It has 3 major pieces, left half, right half, and the back/bottom frame that the two pieces mount to. I suppose I couldnt really carry a shit ton of stuff back there, but I did have a carpeted cover I made if I did have to carry something small so the lexan wouldnt get scratched. Everything in the cabin was in the factory location too, so it all could be returned to stock.

I had plans to re-do the entire hatch with a more simple design, but I ended up trading the car in. I should sell some of my car stereo equipment, I doubt I will use it again.

WTF is “Prowl” lol.

I liked Judgment Day, that was a really cool show with a ton of cars and I thought it was crazy it was right on Broadway too. Pretty bad-ass.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517GKF5FVVL._SS500_.jpg
<— Transformer nerd

I remember this car from quite a few shows. I was also big into SLAP back in the day. IMHO they had the best show format, its a shame things went the way they did

you just liked megan fox…thats pretty cool how you designed that to not mount to any part and still function. ah from the picture it doesn’t look it

Very cool. Pretty rare to see an import car done up like that 6 years ago. Lot’s of expensive stuff like people have said. Anything First Molding= $$$$.

I think so too. Their judging format was the best I had ever seen, I liked how you had to talk about your car to the judge. It gave you a chance to point out things that might be overlooked. Thats part of why I gave up, no more slap = waste of time. I went to both finals in Hagerstown MD in 04/05 too, had a great time there. If those guys came back like they were, I would do it again.

Thanks man. I think I was one of two that had that rear diffuser for the RSX back then. I remember I had to drill holes in the thing because when I drove it in the rain it would hold water :rofl

Ahh, never knew that lol.

Last I talked to him, Mike and Greg still do a few shows a year, but out in the boston area. I went to finals once, but was too young to go out partying so i just stayed at the hotel and got shit faced

Haha, I was old enough but I had more fun ignoring the “No Cruising” signs like everyone else and doing loser laps all night.