Miata Guru's Step IN

Eff that I love the idea of driving a miata. They’re so small, much like my old sol, vert, and RWD. It’s basically like my perfect car.

too bad your old sol is FWD. lol

Id take a sol over a miata.

miata > sol

Fuck the gay comments, I love miatas.

what kind of douchebag calls somebody a faggot while driving? probably a closeted hmsxl.

someone with a small dick driving a bonneville with neons and shit.

stoked I get my miata back today.

long and I need to street tune it.

So why does this thread exist? Get a sol, you can def. find one for your budget.

How reliable are these in the 100k+ range?

there was a dope as one at carlisle with a LSx in it. I bet that thing did some dope heaters lol

we found him a 1995 m package for sale. Talked him down to 2k. Car needs rear pads and rotors, but that isn’t a huge deal. Problem is, the car stumbles/bogs/seems to misfire at low rpm, high load situations. Anytime you’d floor it at 2000 or so revs in gear, it stumbles like hell until you reach a higher range of revs.

Question is: what’s causing the misfire? I’m assuming it could only be one of a few things:
Cap/rotor
Fuel filter
Plug wires
Perhaps timing is off due to the belt skipping a tooth, but wouldn’t that affect it at all rpms, not just down low?

The car is overall ok, just needs some minor things. Can this misfiring issue be fixed easily, or is there some other problem that a miata noob wouldn’t know about?

Could be cam angle sensor failing, could be unmetered air entering the intake, could be timing belt off a bit.

95M… Great color. Awesome OEM wheels if it still has them. Nice find.

A quick inspection revealed oil in only the #1 sparg plug tube. That would explain the random misfire down low. The previous owner also complained that ‘the car likes a to eat a quart or so every couplathousand miles’. There wasn’t any blue smoke present at all, so the leaking valve cover gasket explains it both the oil going missing and the misfire. Going to put new plug wires on it too on monday

woo woo!!! good to hear!

Since my car has been turboed Ive paced my buddies BMW M3 from dead stop up to about 80. Also kept pace with a WS6 Transam the other day from 3rd gear roll around 30mph. He was surprised :slight_smile:

Miatas rule. especially with boost.

well, let’s HOPE that the plug wires and valve cover gasket fix the misfire. if they don’t, i’ll truly be stumped. honestly though, i don’t see what else it could be, if it’s not that. fingers crossed and we’ll find out monday. i’m devoting the whole day to helping out aaron and putting the new stuff on the car. also doing rear rotors/pads, and an oil change. maybe if we have time, i’ll do some rig shots for him

hopefully next summer there will be a LSx miata in buffalo

calling mr mingle…

read up on the rear pads. do not use a C-clamp to move the pistons, use an allen key from the back of the caliper

i think thats for the emergency brake adjustment…i could be wrong though. When i did my brakes last year, i used a c clamp. no fucks given.

we gave fucks. brakes work.