Microsoft > Google Earth

I can’t believe the detail of the “birds eye view”.

http://local.live.com

Put in an address in Buffalo, click on birds eye, use your scroll wheel to zoom in. Then use the N-S-E-W to look at it from different angles. AMAZING.

Not all places have the birds eye option. Here’s one for an example:

6467 Main St, Williamsville, NY, 14221 (my old office). A couple views show my previous truck, a red 1998 Ford Ranger Extended cab parked in the small side parking lot.

The times seem to vary a lot depending on the angle. Looking at my house one angle shows the previous owners car in the driveway (more than 3 years ago), where another angle shows my Expedition (less than 2 years ago).

while the detail is rather impressive, the tech on goog’s servers > this slow loading standardized setup.

The main feature of the maps.google is the pre-loading of ‘tiles’, allowing fast transition at all rez.

IMO.

But either way, this shit is cool. :tup:

does it show anywhere when the pictures were taken?

oooh, anyone know any addresses for nude beaches?

OMG very recent too

mines not so recent … the lebarons in the diveway, w/o any sign of the 240sx next to it

I still like google earth better. It stitches the photos together, gives depth (depending on what your looking at), overlays streets/buildings/buisnesses/ect

I deffinitly like the high res. photos better though :tup:

Some pics are really old. I looked at my old company’s building and the aerial view shows the building not even there yet (pre 1997) and the birds eye view shows part of the building. Still kind of cool, the high res close up pics are cool.

Don’t forget to try switching the the North South East West views if the pictures are old.

:word:

The diff angles are taken at diff times.

My home is fairly recent (within 6-8 months).

I’m still looking for a specific spot in the Grand Canyon. :bloated:

holy shit, the pics of my fam’s house are at least 3 years old, the shot of my lebaron is from years b4 it ever became the drifting lebaron, lol

This is very cool. Better than google if you ask me.

That rules.

I guess the birds eye pictures are all done from planes.

I’ll admit, google earth has a nice interface, but these pictures > *.

found my 1st future house :tup:

exactly. the interface and true drag drop > ms server
high rez > google sat image.

Have You tried google earth pro?

im trying to find any one of my cars… its not happening tho… i cant figure out where i was any times the pics were taken

Cooooool!

i just wasted a good hour at work

My house is pretty recent. Shows the new patio I put in and my wifes car we got within the past year. It’s nice to see that my house and garage are bigger than everyone else on the street. Resale value > my neighbors :slight_smile:

Better resolution, but not as many features as Google. Still cool.

Damn, its scary how close they can zoom in from a satellite. I noticed it’s taken at different dates and times from the N,S, E,W. But from the past 3 years.