Mid 90's Sportbike - GSX-R Ninja CBR

Looking for a 94-97ish sportbike either a GSX-R, CBR, or Ninja. A few have gone on Craigslist recently for 1000-1500, that’s really all I can spend right now, I don’t want a 250, looking for 600. It’s gonna be my first bike so road rash isn’t an issue as long as it’s not ridiculous. Obviously I know there’s gonna be some beating on the engine of a bike that old, that’s fine but I don’t want anything that leaks or is gonna break down on me after a short period of time. Hoping to get something that will pass inspection without issue. I figured someone on here might have an old un-used bike they might wanna get rid of and help out a new rider. Thanks, if I don’t reply for a long period of time you can text me at 716.310.6555, I have work 3:30 to 10 tonight so I won’t be able to answer calls but texts are okay. I also have a paintball package for sale in the misc. section, if anyone’s interested in that I can include that with cash for the bike.

Edit: I’ll look at slightly newer 250s too if they’re in that price range, being my first bike I’ll take all of them into consideration.

Very informative post… its going to be tough to find something in that range thats not a 250 or old… you can pick up a much nicer/more modern bike for 3k… i suggest if its all you have to spend pick up an older cruiser for 500-1000 (Honda cb, yamaha maxim, kawi kz, suzuki gs even) ride it for a year, buy some nice gear, and then when you know its something you really enjoy… upgrade when you can afford it… and then you’ll have the gear too.

Just thinking out loud, i’ve been there.

I understand its just I learned how to ride on a 750 and have only ridden that so I think the 250 really isn’t going to do it for me and due to limited funds I figure I’ll go with an older 600…

for that price range, you’re looking at late 80’s sport bikes to be honest. Maybe check out some early to mid 90’s katanas or 500cc ninjas. There are deals out there, but 1500 wont get you much from the late 90s thats considered “cool” by most.

I’d honestly look into the late 70’s era for a solid cb or kz, those are fun as hell to put around on and you can still mod/build it in the process…

GL

i have a 1985 Honda VF100R for sale that i may let go for $1800.
heres the link, let me know
http://www.nyspeed.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49370

Yeah, I just figured I’d give it a shot, I’ve seen 2 95 and 96 sportbikes go on craigslist for about that price, if I can’t get one, I always have next year, thanks for the input though everyone, I’ll see about those, and no thanks steve, thanks for the offer though

I take it back, I’ll get 250’s as long as they’re in that price range, looking to get one asap.

well ya picked the perfect time, you’re 75% done with summer

1990 ninja rebuit motor nice new paint 800 cash???

This is a bit off topic - but I always find it halarious that willybeen is the first to post on a wtb, fs thread for anything involving bikes. haha

Good luck in your search CL always has stuff floating around