might come back to pgh, and start a persoanl training studio

i am thinking about coming back to pgh in the spring and would like to pursue my love of personal training. if anyone here works at a gym, or knows of a gym that needs a trainer let me know. i like my job here, but i am homesick, and they will not transfer me back. i found out that money does not make u happy.

jullian is always hiring trainers i think

talk to cheeks…his sis works at bodytech in aspinwall.

pittspeed discounts?

id love to get back in shape

any particular area of the city? Champion Fitness in the south hills, right on 51 may be looking and seems it would fit your style. Most of the trainers are huge and compete in either fitness, bodybuilding, or strong man comps.

If you need the number and want to talk to them, message me and I’ll get it for you.

chris

I used to go to Champion…now I went to Lifeforce…better gym for the same $$. So I say you go to Lifeforce so I have someone to train with…haha.

Are they going to be looking for a replacement for you?
What are you doing? I’m thinking of bouncing from the burgh.

complete fitness>lifeforce :smiley:

that’s where I go, only because I can walk there.

I can ask the next time I am there 04se-r. Money is nice, but it’s only a very small part to life. Good job finding it out sooner rather than later.

damnit! that was my idea with recruiting him! ha ha ha

Were you at Champion? If so I might have seen you there. I have note been there since feb tho.

Complete fitness is too much $$ I am at $25/mo @ lifeforce

I paid 400 for a yearlong membership, it’s like 30/month.

my wife and I started there in january so I might have seen you. They were running a buy 2 years get 2 years free for like 4 or 5 hundred bucks. It was a good deal so we jumped on it. Earlier this summer they had a year for $99 + setup fee so the total was like $120.

The things I like about it is that it’s pretty big for a privately owned gym, it’s got tons of benches / freeweights and it has classes like step and stuff for my wife. I also hit a spin class that is decent enough.

Things that kind of suck are that some of the machines are broken and remain broken despite “repairman called”. Some of the classes are the same week in and week out. But that is it. I really like it and the price was right.

Bummer I didn’t run into you there.

Get used to it…Roger is a cheap ass…takes like 6 months to fix anything. Overall for a guy it is a decent gym…for girls or guy’s who like cardio I think the machines are beat and old…dont work half the time. But for the $$ that place was awesome…a lot of cool ass people there. I paid $10/mo with $80 down…could only go on Tue/thr/sat/sun tho.

thanx for the responses, i will check them out when the time is right. and yes, pittspeed discounts will apply. i would like to start my own studio…