im coming back to pgh...

…in a few days. ill be coming home around oct.5th. im going to pursue my dream of personal training full time. and once i am established, i will offer pittspeed discounts.

I volunteer to be a guinea pig…I want to switch up my routine…think of it as practice for you so you can offer your future clients the best service you can.

that sounds good. word of mouth is great for business

haha…I was joking…but if you are willing to help me out…I can spread the word

good luck with your training

cool. thats worth it to me. i will help you for free. training one person for free to get multiple people who are going to pay is a good investment on my part. i am moving back the 8th of october. i will pm you when i am settled in and we can meet up at a gym.

Agreed. ID love some help on finding a good routine, that can meet my work schedule.

If good results, my boss wrestles and boxes. Hes a gym finatic. He got my other boss and his wife to join up in hampton. Hes a g$$d guy to know if you catch my drift…

Let me know when you come in. Id love to maybe have lunch and talk about it.

pm me if you wanna hit the cell.:bigthumb:

Good stuff, I bet you’re glad to be out of the restaurant biz. I know I am (still might go back, though.)

I’d be really interested in some personal training. I need someone to push me.

Once you get back and get established (I’m guessing November or so) I’ll get back in contact with you. Hopefully you aren’t too far from either my work or my house.

Count me in. I could use some guidance.

nothing says ur a good trainer like turning a fat guy into a skinny one :slight_smile:

id do it :slight_smile: but you gotta convince me to be skinny haha

good luck man

the money was the only thing keeping me there. they even offered to transfer me back home with a raise, but i said no. i am going to do this, it is my lifes dream…

thanks for the support everyone. please pm me with real names and #'s. i am making lists of them, and will be contacting you all when i get back to pgh…

:nono: skinny guys…

You dont have to be skinny to be fit!

WTF

ever see a 300lb marathon runner?

Let me answer that, NO. :smiley:

Where in pittsburgh are you going to settle down?

lol he didnt say he wanted to be a twig.

Hey theres a first for everything!:itr41:

breighton heights. And its not all about weight loss. its about balancing your physique. if a guy weighs 300lbs. it would be pointless to make him weigh 180. trim him down to 230 or so, but mostly through weights and diet, and let that guys natural size balance out his body.

I was a personal trainer at the Greentree sportsplex for about 8 months. I was certified through the ISSA and insured by my company. The money was not too bad. I was charging 40/hr for individuals and also doing group fitness for 5 bucks a session. The group stuff is where I made the most money. It would be things like Fitball routines and Circuit training, usually during the lunch hour.

The hardest part was finding my own clients to train one on one.

When I was not training individuals I was paid minimum wage to just be staff in the weight room to make sure people were exercising safely.

It took a lot of enthusiasm to motivate the type of client that I usually had. My typical clients were older men and women that were out of shape and fat. They wanted results instantly like most people that have no idea about fitness.

I can easily say if i had a different type of client like a high school athlete to speed train or a beginning bodybuilder wanting to compete I would enjoy that. Its those damn fat men and women who think throwing money at their weight problem is the solution that killed me!

I have a passion for fitness and training but it honestly sucked the life out of me. I was so sick of being around weights and people exercising that my own routine suffered.

its just my experience. I thought you would like to hear some.

Jimmy

Most of my clients in the past have been the same. But i like a challenge, and the rewards for getting that older out of shape man/woman in shape is worth it when their friends come to you for workouts. i know i have a while to build up my clientele, but i am ready for the challenge.