Military Guys: Questions

Like any true bureaucracy, there are exceptions to any rule:

http://www.nmmi.edu/rotc/index.htm

Welcome to the Army ROTC Early Commissioning Program at New Mexico Military Institute!

The rigors of a career as a Professional Warrior can be daunting and are not overcome by all. However, if you are up to the Challenge of a Fast Track Route to becoming a Second Lieutenant, The Early Commissioning Program is for you. This unique program is offered exclusively at the nation’s five Military Junior Colleges (MJC). The New Mexico Military Institute’s Early Commissioning Program allows for graduates to become commissioned officers in the United States Army in two years, instead of the usual four. Newly minted Second Lieutenant must still to go on to complete a bachelor’s degree while assisting the Professor of Military Science at the four year university he/she has transferred to and is a functioning leader at a local Army Reserve or National Guard unit. The program has major financial incentives for students to receive their commissions early and serve as officers while still attending college and gaining service time for promotions and retirement. While contracted in ROTC/ECP new lieutenants will not be deployed until completing a Bachelor’s Degree and successful completion of advanced specialized training (Officer Basic Course).

obviously not a common (or good) route to take. All the LTs I’ve met who were from NMMI were the Private Pyles of the officers. I just wanted to post this up here to reinforce my earlier statement that I’ve seen officers with only an associates deg.