mill, lathe, machining shop guys chime in

just got my brand new moroso pan (for a steal 200 retails 400) and in the instructions it states that a 1/4 inch thickness of warpage is acceptable since the pan will “fit itself” with the right amount of silicon and the correct gasket, and then it goes on to say “our technology is top notch but theres so much we can do about the heat of welding blah blah blah”

basically i put a 6 inch straight edge around the pan and only ONE section of the pan (3 inches long) is slightly warped, WAYYYY less than 1/4 inch prolly more like 1/16

should i bring this to my builder to have him shave it straight or roll with it?

gasket and bolt it on, you’ll be fine.

roll with it

fit it dry no gasket, and see if it pulls in 1st. believe it or not moroso dose know a little more then you.

That’s more or less the penny pincher way out for moroso. They don’t have to machine it if you are willing to gob on the rtv. In all honesty it should be fine with rtv and proper torque and torque sequence.

this has nothing to do with machine shop crew

:sigh: u suck something fierce for posting this

1/4" American Tolerance lol

I would be embarrassed to say that let alone put it in writing

its an aluminum pan right? If so ide say it most likely definitely pull itself in. Oil pans have a lot of bolts on em so it should be fine.

lol well thanks for the help, figured id ask around before it starts to leak the first time i use it

heres some machine shop advice for you.

STOP CALLING IT SHAVING

you can call it milling, decking, squaring, or truing

shaving is something you do to remove your pubic hair

you sure they arne’t referring to warpage due to banging the pan out to clearance for stroker motors?

:lol:

What does this have to do with machining?

I think he was hoping that guys in a machine shop would generally have a built up knowledge of what type of numbers and tolerances would be acceptable for a water tight application.

I would imagine it should work fine. It wouldn’t really be worth you having them mill it down 1/16 to square the whole thing up. It the temperature changes the pan might flex more and not be square anyways. I would throw on a gasket and bolt it up. I generally try to stay away from liquid sealers unless you have to.

Title should read:
I have a oil leak in my anus, I’m looking for a big strong steal worker to plug it for me.

Man Orders Oil Pan, Gets New Anus?!?!?