Milsher Hockey?

Friend of mine has an invite for rink time this Saturday night, does anyone know if they still have the wooden surface or if they went to the Synthetic flooring?

They have the blue tile.

:tdown: now I have to change my wheels

Wow dude they have had the tile for the last 10+yrs. The old owners got their original tile from the Stampede when they left the aud. It’s not the greatest surface but it works. I play lax there though. Haven’t skated on the surface in yrs.

They put down new stuff last winter, still sucks.

Really? Looks to be the same floor we been playing on for years. :gotme: Regardless it’s got high spots, lifted corners on some tiles and no sealer on the floor. So when its extremely cold outside the tiles tend to get slick.

Yeah, I work at store dealing with a lot of roller hockey, people were all excited but their lack of maintenance and just having a worn facility negated the new floor.I know many people complained about it bubbling and sliding in parts. Its better than what it was but not by much.

milsher is def 100% better than what it was. i’d still take pepsi or cheek rec over it anyday though.

would be a decent place… to bad the owner is scummy person and they cant spend money the right way

I cant complain too much. After 2 yrs of asking he has let us play lax in there. Tired of getting screwed around out at Epic over the winters. After 5 yrs of playin out there, they basically told us to piss off if we didnt like their $120/hr tag. Hell ya cant argue with Mil-sher’s $$/hr price.

ahh u play roller hocket too! hit me up sometime, i havent played in a year or so but stil have all my stuff

Henry, tomorrow night at midnight if you’re interested, no joke. I will hit you up with a text

There is nothing wrong with Milsher’s floor. If your falling down, you probably need new wheels. It is 100 times better than the old wavy floor with the ramps in front of the nets!

Bump.

Anyone play in the Winter leagues here? Just wondering what the skill level is typically on the Sunday and Monday leagues. A bunch of us have played ice and roller in the past but are pretty rusty and out of shape and don’t want to get lit up by a bunch of teams who are playing regularly or are using it as conditioning for another league. haha.

Skill levels are all over the place. There are a bunch of poo teams, and a few really good ones, everyone else is somewhere in between

mark me down for one of the poo teams

Ok thanks. We are probably gonna hope into the leagues that started already. Guess they are looking for a couple more teams still so might as well skate around and get our butts kicked for an hour.

At Epic stay out of Rec 1 if your team doesn’t play regularly. It will end poorly if you do sign up in Rec 1. I’d say shoot for Rec 3 just to see where you stand. If it’s too easy and you dominate everyone, than move up to Rec 2.

Milsher is a hodgepodge of teams. Like Sean wrote, there’s a couple really good teams, a couple really bad teams, and a bunch of teams in between.

I just want to do roller skate and shoots again…My inlines have been sitting in my garage for over a year now. I gotta pickup some more equipment though.

Thanks. I will probably get the team for the January league at Epic. There is a few really good guys that play with us on a drop in league Thursdays but we will probably start rec 3 to get used to it.