Miscellaneous Notes

Hey guys, I’m just throwing this up here as a sort of record of what’s going on - no one needs to post in here, really. :slight_smile:

Ok, so I removed all the junk from the car and took a look at the trunk floorpan, which had rain on it from the holes in the hatch. There are tiny surface rust spots on it, but it’s very intact and looks good.

I need to get my hands on the plastic bezel for the heater vents in the centre of the dash. The heater works as well. Can’t say if the A/C works, but the car kicks on the A/C when defrost is connected so it’s still trying to use it.

Car currently has no spare wheel/tire.

Right hand mirror doesn’t respond to the centre console adjustment. Left mirror works fine.

Car seems to be missing front outer splash guards, water could splash up into the marker lights on the side of the front and the headlight assemblies.

Need new hood hinges.

i have the center heater vents (unless i threw them out) . Also have a spare tire if wanted.

I’ve actually got the vent assembly, Rob - what I need is the little trim bit that goes around them, if there even is one. Or if someone could link me to a pic, it might be in the parts pile from the hatch…

I can try and get the vent trim back from the guy I gave mine to lol. Have hood hinges as well.

Thanks dude…I think the no hood thing might get a little annoying when precipitation starts - although the packing tape I’m using to seal the holes is working pretty well… :wink:

just an idea i`ve been thinking about for quite some time and wondered if it was possible, and what you guys think of it. a removable targa top like the last gen supras. im thinking the whole thing would have to be stich welded and reinforced some how but i think it might look pretty sweet and would deffinatly be one of a kind. thought it might be a cool way to bring some more attetion to the project and the club.

Why not just a removable hardtop? Literally the whole thing though. Windshields are for women!

Ha ha ha ha…

The targa top idea is OK, but why would you do it on a race car? You’re just detracting from the structure for no real reason - we already have a sunroof and event that shouldn’t be on a fullout race car.

I’ve no doubt it’s possible, but go ahead and do it on yours first, dude! :smiley:

As for REMOVING the top - not a bad idea, as long as we get some of those 1920 era aviator glasses to drive with, a leather pilot’s cap and a long ass scarf. Tell me you wouldn’t laugh at someone driving around an autocross track like that! :smiley:

They wouldn’t need to be driving around an autocross track for me to laugh at them. :butthead:

Ok, so today I spent most of the afternoon stripping parts out of the back of the car, and I just slapped a plate on the car and drove it around a bit (it needed gas anyway).

The cruise control works - bonus, as does the ABS system.

The transmission, despite the second gear crunch, works very very well and the clutch holds the engine’s power.

I need to get a plastic clip for the left front marker light - the wiring is hanging down because the old clip is broken.

The suspension is shot - it will need to be replaced with something very soon. Road bumps upset the front end quite a bit.

The body rigidity is in good condition, there are no major squeaks or rattles, except for the sunroof.

The exhaust needs to be changed out, or I will be very very deaf soon. :E

sounds like you have my front suspension only a little milder

At least you make power with your car - all this thing makes is a LOT of noise. :smiley:

I’ll check for spares of these pieces, to donate.

Thanks Jared! I’d appreciate anything you could do. :smiley:

Oh, forgot to mention - I checked with my insurance company and they quoted me, get his, $500/year for insurance. Trust me, as soon as I can get this thing inspected and on the road it will be insured and we can start using it for what it is supposed to be used for. :smiley:

So, since nothing can go simply for me - here’s another fun tale of woe.

I’m outside looking over the FSM so I can install the driver’s door window. I take the panel off the passenger side door so I can see what it looks like as a visual reference.

All of a sudden I head a BANG from the garage. I head over there, and my cat is standing on the driver’s window - which he had just knocked over onto the floor. Fortunately, it looked to be undamaged. So, I curse the furry little beast and send a misaimed kick through the air in his direction. Oh yeah, it was about this time that I discover that I don’t have the actual power window motor that drives the window. FUCK.

So, I take another look and then start bolting the window to the regulator. I’m using a ratchet wrench, so it’s going on pretty quickly. I use the cross bolt tightening pattern to avoid loading one bolt too much. It doesn’t seem to matter.

All of a sudden I hear a sort of crinkling sound. All I’m thinking is AW, FUCK! The driver’s window explodes into many parts all over the garage, with the bulk of it convieniently landing under the SE-R. FUCK^2.

So, if anyone has a power window motor and a driver’s window that they’d like to sell, please let me know. I’ll be off celebrating the fact that I was smart enough to put a dozen Heinekens in the fridge this morning. You won’t see me at UC tonight, that much I can tell you.

Alternatively, if someone would like to convert their manual windows to power windows, please let me know. I’d be willing to work something out with you.

Any updates Kris?

Oh yeah, sorry!

I purchased an SS Autochrome turbo manifold for the KA about 2 weeks ago. Not bad at $130. :smiley:

Other than that, just need to get it on the road and then get the other directors of the club to agree on the direction we’ll take with it. :slight_smile:

So have you taken it off any sweet jumps yet?

Nope. I was too busy voting for Pedro. :E