Homos talking about keeping tops ON.

Question, does it ride/handle odd with the targa off?

My guess is not nearly as bad as the wet noodle ride that you get with a topless Supra. IMO, it’s bad for the car to accelerate hard with the top off at 2-3x the factory power levels.

I happen to have a little bit more power then that C6 and with my T-tops off, accelerating WOT is like asking to crash. Its hard to even hold your lane with them off and at speeds over 100, it gets very very scary.

is yours different?

hmmm how come? shouldn’t i have the same effects with my rag?

Your car has chassis reinforcements because it’s a drop-top from the factory. The Supra’s, Camaro’s, etc just simply lose rigidity with the tops off.

Yes. This.
I remember Joe doing 100+ on the way home from LVD with the tops off and me begging him to stop.

not exactly…you have a drop top so basically the air flows over the windshield and over the whole car…theirs no where for the air to get “trapped” to say.

where as a targa top or T-tops, the air flows in and causes a circulation in the rear hatch area…its sounds like a tornado to be exact and when you get in triple digit speeds, the air force actually starts to make the rear end alot lighter then the front because the force is pushing down on the front of the car yet the wind is lifting up from inside the hatch area…causing very unstable conditions…and for F-body owners, the rear end is already alot lighter then the front so this is a bad thing,

with the tops off and the windows up, helps alot. Im talking about tops off and windows down,

I think a part of it also may be the air ‘building up’ in the cabin at that speed, idk, not an engineer.

The Supra’s are way worse then the Camaro’s man, you can literally feel the frame flex and twist and shit way before air becomes a factor. And again, Wayne’s car is braced from the factory.

never been faster than 90 with my tops off, the whole engine lid/trunk/spoiler area sounds and feels like it’s going to vibrate right off the car :ohnoes :ohnoes

That’s because you went over 88, duh. The only time you did it was coming down the hill into my town, though.

You may be too young to get the 88 joke, in that case, you fail@life.

Everything was vibrating apart because you were actually traveling through time.

I believe it…

i guess i fail at life :lol

no shit, i was traveling forward :retardclap

:thumbup :hug

Man…

Go watch Back To The Future, and then post a picture of yourself, facepalming yourself, with your right hand on a red cup.

He owes you a facepalm at this point…

I was just asking because when you have 700whp, and you go WOT with the targa off, it’s like god is telling you to stop because your gonna die. I wont do that anymore, course I have the top on 99% of the time. Not to mention its pretty loud with it off.

And the other 99% of the time the car never leaves the garage to begin with…

Agreed.

Shaddup.

1. I dont drive the car M-F because I work 10-12 hours a day, followed by the GYM followed by sleep. So that typically excludes any weekday play.

2. I dont drive the car in the rain. You ever try to keep a 16 year old black car clean? Good luck.

3. I normally do shit on the weekends and dont use it as a commuter vehicle.

4. It’s not the quietest car in the world and draws a lot of unneeded attention.

I know it seems pointless to own, but I do take it out from time to time when I have some free time.