MISSING PERSON: Ryan Patton

I think it is more about people not wanting to make accusations or bring up something that could be worse for a fellow Shift member. Basically letting all the evidence and investigation play out before putting bad (uneducated to the real situation) thoughts into a fellow members thoughts. Since this is effecting actual members, seems to me (correctly) people are taking the high road and hoping for the best in this situation, which would be an accident and not something more sinister. Anything, that anyone posts on here as to knowing or thinking they know what happened is a complete guess at this point. If someone actually has real information they should not be posting it here but calling the authorities to help them out.

Typically, I think it would be fine for people to make their opinions known about what they think happened. The wild accusations that happen on Shift are one of the main reasons I love reading things here. But when it effects one of our own so directly, a line should be drawn. So just let it play out then we can have 4000 replies on the outcome.

In the meantime, my thoughts go out to family and friends effected.