mitsu turbo upgrade

I just bought a 91 galant vr4, and it has the smallest turbo I ever seen. what is a cheap easy upgrade? I’m not looking to run 10’s just maybe get it up to 250hp

t28 killer from forced performance or a bastard 20g from slowboy

You sure about the year?? The Galant Vr-4 was only sold in 92 and 93 ???
Btw which car do you have ??? is it a 1000 car or a 2000 car?

You sure about the ye[QUOTE]
ar?? The Galant Vr-4 was only sold in 92 and 93 ???
Btw which car do you have ??? is it a 1000 car or a 2000 car?[/QUOTE]
http://www.galantvr4.org/rhertz/
are you sure on your years??
should there be some kind of plaque like a type-r? I don’t actually have the car in my possession I’m picking it up on thursday, but it definitely was turbo, and all wheel drive it also has a aws sticker in the rear window

t28 killer from forced performance or a bastard 20g from slowboy
either of those will require some fuel system upgrades, and tuning right?

the gvr4 was made in 91/92 i believe it was 2000 made in 91 1000 made in 92 and there should be a plaque above the glove box that says what number it was. i’d say the cheapest turbo that you can actually make good power on is an evo3 16g it still looks similar to the stock turbo (14b) but its an awesome street turbo.

The 14b will make 250awhp (~300 crank) no problem.

I got a GT 4294 that will make good power with low boost

$700

I wasnt really sure about the years I know that is was only brought here for 2 years.
It should have a plaque on the dash.

Agreed. Save the money from upgrading a turbo and build a good fuel system. Not too many are aware what you can do with a 14b and some fuel…

Nice. I still miss my 92. #468.

people have run 12s on a 14b with no bottle. just keep it or go to an evo3

I say stay with the stock 14 but port the shit outta the turbine inlet and exhaust manifold and buy or make an o2 housing that will dump the wastegate to the atmosphere or get a 16g, awesome street turbo.

The 14b will make 250awhp (~300 crank) no problem.

people have run 12s on a 14b with no bottle. just keep it or go to an evo3

if thats the case maybe I’ll just play with the 14 for a little while. its just so small I imagined there wasn’t much potential

I wasnt really sure about the years I know that is was only brought here for 2 years.
It should have a plaque on the dash.

it is missing the plaque which I’m finding is sort of common. I doubt it would be worth the hassle to clone one, but I’m going to run a carfax to be sure I’m just waiting for the guy to get back to me with the vin

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/car/594349905.html
well I didn’t buy it I figured I would post to warn anyone that might have seen it on craigslist. gas tank leaked, the rear steering lines had been removed because the rack leaked, the parking brake cables were seized, but rigged to still work the brake on one side, the ad said all new brake lines when there was only one replaced, the flex joint on the custom downpipe was rubbing on the transfer case, and the guy just wasn’t honest about these things when it was obvious he knew about them…