Mobil 1 on sale

For thoe who care mobil 1 is on sale at autozone 5 quarts and a filter for 29.99…

my s4 takes about 10 quarts so this was a nice savings.

They have buy one get one on a lot of things too I think (shop towels, brake and power steering fluid, brake parts cleaner and more)

shit i should buy some for the porsche before i leave

Whats the normal price at autozone for Mobil 1 5 qts? I just picked up 4 5qt jugs for the audi and truck at Walmart, they are up to 28 each. Walmart has always been the cheapest place I could find Mobil 1.

Mobil one sucks since they cheapen out on the formula a while back. (except for TDT)

i think the going rate for 0 w 40 is like 8 and change a quart…walmart is usually cheaper but they usualy do not have the 0 40

what do you use?

I really like the shell / Rotella T6 5w40 as found at walmart for around $20 for a 4 QT container.

see for everything you ever wanted to know about oil:

Does he have any comparisons for synthetic? Where does it say Mobil 1 sucks? If I am getting ripped off buying Mobil 1 I would like to know because I was under the impression it was a good synthetic.

0W 40

I’ve never had an issue with Mobil1…

I have heardddd that Mobil1 Synthetic is no longer %100 Synthetic, though I cannot recall the source so there is a fair chance I am incorrect.

if you want to debate oil to the end of the world, bobistheoilguy.com is where to go.

the basic historic cliff notes are that back in the late 90s castrol started using crude oil as their base what they sold as synthetic and Mobil one sued them. They lost and went with the classic “if you can’t beat them, join them” and that’s when things went downhill.

I’m not saying your car will blow up next friday if you use mobil one, but there are certainly better choices for the same money or less.

I’ll be picking some up tonite!

I dont want to hear bullshit rumors, I like to see actual tests that prove claims.

miles of test results on the forum listed twice already.

theblue’s correct. That forum has an insane amount of info on it. I’ve always used Rotella in my motorcycles which see upwards of 12k rpms and it holds up very well. The bikes shift smoother with it as well vs mobil 1.

Awesome, I’ll have to grab some this weekend. I’ve had good luck with Mobil 1 Extended Performance so far.

In as a rotella humper as well… Over 20 rotella changes dating back to 2003… never an issue.

Unless you count the time i DIDNT use rotella and paid 9 bucks a court for full synthetic motul? golden spec? or one of those, then I had clutch problems

Rotella FTW