Where to buy oil?

It’s time for an oil change on my car. In the winter I’ll go to Valvoline since I don’t like laying in the snow in my driveway but seeing as it’s summer I’ll do it myself. Is there any place around WNY that has better prices than others on oil than others? I was just going to run to Pep Boys and pick some up but if someone has a better suggestion, I’m all ears.

It’s Mobil1 Synthetic if that matters.

wal mart. theyre the only ones taht can sell it in the 5 qt jug. much cheaper than anywhere else.

Check Advance Auto - a lot of times they have Mobil1 on sale and you can get 5 quarts and a Mobil1 filter for about $30 after tax.

:word:

I have found that pep boys usually has good prices on the better oils

Or advance auto if they are having a sale

Word. They do have the best prices. I hate going there so much though, that I spend extra to avoid going there.

Thanks for the info. I’ll check Wal Mart on my lunch. I work out in Batavia so the Wal Mart here is actually pretty nice compared to the one near my house in Buffalo which sucks all sorts of ass.

walmart would be your best bet… i know springville is the cheepest all the time

iraq

I can’t drive there, silly.

walmart on Transit…

do NOT go to walmart in NFBLVD

o true i didnt know u were limited to GROUND transportation :io:

I concur on Walmart for mobil 1, you pay about the same for a 5 quart jug as a 4 quart jug at pepboys.

Wow 4 quart jug, what a ripoff.

I didn’t know they had that.

Actually walmart was selling some brands of oil in 5.5 quart jugs, that didn’t make much sense either.

In my cars I run the mobil5000 oil. Comes to about 8 bucks and change for a 5 quart jug. If your car takes a spin on filter, then the supertech filters are just fine, much better than the frams.

Anything is better than a fram filter, they are garbage

Autozone is having a 5 qts valvoline full synthetic sale with free bosch oil filter for $19.99.

I too buy mine at walmart.

but, its a PITA to find 5w-20 if you care.
Stupid Honda engine

that is a pretty good deal :tup:

How much is it at wal-mart for the 5qt jug?

~$25 for 5 qts of Mobile 1.