Modded-Volkswagen Kids Suck

JJ speaks the truth.

My 96 jetta is a nice DD that i paid hardly anything for and gets amazing MPG

I wont buy anything newer than that though from VW. They just dont do it for me

In my opinion VWs are good for daily drivers and that’s it. If I here one more VW guy talk about limp mode I’m gonna hit em in the dick so they know what limp mode really is.

VW = nice dailys, not mod toys.

No where else in the automotive world will a single chip accomodate 900 different combinations of modifications.

WHAT THE FUCK IS STAGE 3 ANYWAYS. $10 TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO CAN DEFINE IT AND HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN JACK SHIT BETWEEN ANY OTHER COMPANIES. FUCKING THANK YOU GRAN TURISMO, YOU RUINED A GENERATION.

[quote=“Carnut,post:42,topic:30874"”]

In my opinion VWs are good for daily drivers and that’s it. If I here one more VW guy talk about limp mode I’m gonna hit em in the dick so they know what limp mode really is.

VW = nice dailys, not mod toys.

No where else in the automotive world will a single chip accomodate 900 different combinations of modifications.

WHAT THE FUCK IS STAGE 3 ANYWAYS. $10 TO THE FIRST PERSON WHO CAN DEFINE IT AND HOW IT IS SUPPOSED TO MEAN JACK SHIT BETWEEN ANY OTHER COMPANIES. FUCKING THANK YOU GRAN TURISMO, YOU RUINED A GENERATION.

[/quote]

Thank You! When i got my s4 all i read about was stage 3 and stage 3+ … seriously, that shit was annoying. if you want to blow up your vw then do so without the stage bs

dood I got a stage 4 turbine kit, it cost 45,000 GT dollars, tripled my horsepower and dont have to worry about vdub reliablity because its GT!. yay

[quote=“double j,post:40,topic:30874"”]

Although there are a few minor exceptions, I will probably never buy another VW again unless it is a diesel. I have now owned 8 VW/Audi products and quite frankly, I’m burned out.

Also, I will NEVER own a FWD 1.8t. I hate them with such an intense passion, mostly due to their lame scene.

[/quote]

What if Honda or Subaru bring their diesels here? Will you throw a party!?

[quote=“RedGoober4Life,post:45,topic:30874"”]

[/quote]

I’ll go Honda Diesel FTW :headbang:

[quote=“RedGoober4Life,post:45,topic:30874"”]

[/quote]

Haha, I might. If they are available when it is time to part with the Beetle, I am going to strongly consider them.

[quote=“double j,post:40,topic:30874"”]

Although there are a few minor exceptions, I will probably never buy another VW again unless it is a diesel. I have now owned 8 VW/Audi products and quite frankly, I’m burned out.

[/quote]

agreed.

im burned out. and vws are slow and gay, who would own one:gay:

[quote=“newman,post:29,topic:30874"”]

i’m just playin witch yall

[/quote]

nothing better in my book than a VR-T powered MKI GTi :shrug:

i plan on building 1 in the future when i have the money for a proper VR build

VR series motors sound like fukkking seccccs and produce some very good power if properly built(tho im sure u already know this)

[quote=“newman,post:3,topic:30874"”]

suck it. did you sell that POS yet?

[/quote]

SOOOOOOOLD

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:49,topic:30874"”]

VR series motors sound like fukkking seccccs and produce some very good power if properly built(tho im sure u already know this)

[/quote]

:word:

<8

[quote=“Carnut,post:42,topic:30874"”]

[/quote]

I thought you just had to race around until you unlocked it?

vr6’s are awesome. i loved my car, i sounded so mean and was a blast to drive. but it broke all the time. never left me stranded though…

this is my favorite vr6. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lb7p9M2-mBg

and here is a youtube vid i took of my old car. :frowning:

i remember the first day it took it out of winter storage, i was driving it back to my parents house… i got some gas and took a turn in the village of hamburg and got on it hard. this old guy walking down the street nearly jumped out of his skin. vr’s scream with intake and exhaust.

i really feel like mk3’s were the end of an era for vws.

[quote=“Retarded Kid”"]
i’m actually looking at doing a full VR6 swap. do you need to swap in a computer aswell? is it alot of work to do the swap?
[/quote]

I lolled, cool car though.

[quote=“FuzzyFish,post:54,topic:30874"”]

I lolled, cool car though.

[/quote]

hahah the response to that is equally as awesome

Yeah that was quite the witty comment. Though I find it most impressive that he implemented the full ABS functions from doing the swap also. From which I would assume that means quite a bit of suspension work involving parts from the donor car.

Quite a work of art, very impressive.

For conventional V6, a narrow 15° Vee angle would have required extraordinarily large spray angle between split crank pins, hence special strengthening. However, in contrast to many believes, VR6’s crankshaft is more like an inline-6. It has 7 main bearings and independent crank throws for each cylinder, (this is possible because VR6 is longer than a conventional V6), thus avoid the crank pin problem.Don’t think a 15° V6 must generate a lot of vibration ! on the contrary, the VR6 is inherently a well-balanced configuration because it is nearly identical to an inline-6, just differs from the latter by a very narrow angle separating each pair of 3 cylinders. As a result, it generates no end-to-end vibration like conventional V6s and is actually nearly as smooth as an inline-6.
http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/vr6_insight.jpg Cut-away VR6. Note the 7-main bearing crankshaft http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/w12_block.jpg W12’s cylinder block http://www.autozine.org/technical_school/engine/w12_crank.jpg W12’s crankshaft. Note the slightly split crank pins
If VR6 is a version of inline-6, then W12 must be a version of V12. It is made by mating two VR6 at 72°. The corresponding cylinders in different banks share the same split crank pins. Thanks to the 72° V-angle, the splay angle between split crank pins can be so small that no additional strengthening is required. (see photo) You know, the short engine with 7 main bearings can hardly find space to add strengthened flying webs between the split crank pins.
W16 is identical to W12 except that each bank consists of 4 cylinders instead of 3. In other words, it is made from 2 VR8 engines.

[quote=“SoloIIscoob,post:49,topic:30874"”]

nothing better in my book than a VR-T powered MKI GTi :shrug:

i plan on building 1 in the future when i have the money for a proper VR build

[/quote]

why would you put that in a mk 1?

[quote=“Dex,post:58,topic:30874"”]

why would you put that in a mk 1?

[/quote]

^^this is why

That video is of a built to the heavens 2.0 16vT. Ive seen the build threads and probably 10 other videos of that rabbit.

A vr6 in a rabbit is retarded, requires a lot of fab and customizing, and imho there are 3 other swaps id rather do before the vr6.

I had a mkII 4door jetta with a stock vr6 swap and that car was stupid nose heavy, under any heavy twisties it would start acting up. I couldn’t imagine in a 500lb lighter car.