Modding 4x4 trucks

Agreed 100% if comparing that power to weight to that of a sports car or the power to weight my duramax yielded. But i think the OP wanted an opinion on whether or not its worth putting money into the performance of his truck, and if he plans on spending big bucks, then yes it will net him a nice noticeable gain, but if hes looking at a programmer and cold air intake, my experience and opinion is that its a complete and total waste of time and $. I think you’re right on the money, stock 2011 hemi i saw made 306 whp. they move out pretty damn well for that power though, the power band is what makes the truck, its well put together. Constantly pulls thru the rpm range and the power is there instantly. So that 300whp feels much better than what the numbers portray in this case.

I just think that going for headers and a full exhaust system and a tune is a waste. Without making myself sound stupid because i have no evidence to fall back on at this point, I really doubt you’ll see 50 whp gain out of an exhaust and tune, but it’s certainly not out of the question. Every factory exhaust manifold is extremely restrictive and all factory tunes are conservative.