More awesome parenting

http://assets.nydailynews.com/polopoly_fs/1.1090873.1339000661!/img/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_635/image.jpg

Now she’s claiming the picture isn’t the whole story, and that little kid was riding in the front and while she was being pulled over climbed in the back and buckled himself in the seat with the lap belt. Meanwhile her other kid put the gas can in the baby seat. Uh, ok… so why wasn’t the 2 year old in the baby seat to begin with? If you’re going to lie at least put some effort into it you retard.

Can isn’t even strapped into the child seat according to federal guidelines. Why can’t people learn to read directions?

In her defense, gasoline being a non-renewable resource is far more valuable a commodity than a child born of morons, those are a renewable source and quite honestly, something we need to make non-renewable.

I’ll admit to putting a growler of expensive beer in my kid’s car seat once and buckling it in. She wasn’t WITH me at the time though.

Must be race gas…

“Unbelievable! This heartbreaking photo was taken by an officer with the Aurora Police Department during Click It or Ticket enforcement last week,” CDOT wrote with the photo

Read more: Mom cited for strapping gas can in baby’s car seat, leaving toddler unprotected – New York Daily News

Heartbreaking? How many of us were just tossed into the car as kids? It’s not heartbreaking, it’s a little odd at best. I bet the mom drank all that gas when she got home.

i have definitely buckled a keg into the back seat before, but I dont have kids.

Seriously… who the F cares…

Who the F cares who the F cares…I’m bored, pretty tired, and I enjoy when people do dumb things to their children.

Meh. It’s a lot harder to spill a kid than it is to spill gas. Plus kids don’t ignite as easily. I’d say this is a safety conscious individual who deserves a commendation.

That seat isn’t properly rated for that gas can. Typically, those seats are for children weighing 20-40 lbs. A gallon of gas weighs 6lbs and that can is no more than a 1.5 gallons. The weight of it is well under the approved weight for that type of forward facing child seat and should be in a rear facing seat instead.

I laughed when I saw this on the Denver news this week, mostly because when anything trashy/shitty happens in the Denver area, it happens in Aurora.

couple things.

was she high on mind altering drugs or is this kind of stupidity unaffected by drug use?

also, what kind of gas was it? that matters.

lastly, the hardest thing to believe about this is that it wasn’t in Florida.