Motorcycle Airbag

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/videos/2008/march/mar1108dainesed-airbagsuit/

ehh. i don’t see that protecting you too much going at full speed. does look like it keeps the head and neck relatively still. i guess that is the point.

I read the title as “Motorbag Aircycle”, which was far more practical.

:io:

It would be cool if the whole thing blew up and made you look like the Michelin Man

it took 10 years for that…what if you had a big neck?

I don’t get how it is activated. What is the trigger to set it off?

there is a built in mic and when it sences you screaming it goes off.

im not going to watch it, but the honda goldwing’s where testing thes over a year ago, like a fat ladies ass come into your face to save you, just what i want to see before im ejected form a bike

I thought BMW, honda etc had this for decades now and it was proven to save lives / seriously reduce injuries?

Those were airbags that were attached to the bike. This is a suit. So it doesn’t matter what bike your on.

ah… I missed that.

Sooooo, when I start screaming at the asshat bitch in the H3 that almost ran me off the shoulder, she may see a strange marshmallow creature tumbling along the freeway when she looks up from her starbucks/cell phone?

He was kidding. There has to be a switch on the bike or suit when it makes contact to the ground. then sets it off. Or an impact sensor like actual airbag systems use in cars.

HAHAHA I know he was kidding. I should have used [sarcasm] tags

Wasn’t sure haha. There are those people.

Be fucking crazy tho if you just screamed and that shit went off. I sing when I’m riding and get pretty loud. I’d be screwed.