Motorcyclist dead in North Greenbush crash

So we got one unexpectedly warm day yeaterday, and a lot of bikes are out taking advantage of it; Then this happened…

Take it easy people! Cause of the accident is still under investigation…

Motorcyclist dead in North Greenbush crash
By PAUL NELSON
Published 09:01 p.m., Wednesday, February 22, 2012

NORTH GREENBUSH — A motorcyclist died Wednesday and traffic was rerouted around Williams Road following a collision involving a vehicle at the intersection of Meadow Drive, said police.
The biker died at Albany Medical Center Hospital following the wreck, which occurred shortly after 4:30 p.m., town police said.
Police were attempting Wednesday night to notify the victim’s relatives and had not released a name. The investigation is ongoing.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Motorcyclist-dead-in-North-Greenbush-crash-3354126.php

RIP

One warm day doesnt mean riding season is open. Drivers dont expect you, road is cold, shit all over the roads and turns, its just dumb to ride on “one warm day” in the off-season.

RIP, sorry to hear this.

Too early in the year for this. RIP

Saw a guy on a white ninja (?) do a nice stoppie yesterday on Madison ave. People go nuts when that first warm day comes.

Investigation complete:

NORTH GREENBUSH — The victim of Wednesday’s fatal motorcycle accident on Williams Road was a 22-year-old Hudson Valley Community College student who had just left the school seconds before the accident, according to police and school officials.

Jared Brenz died after he crashed his 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle less than 1,000 feet from the school, said Chief Rocco Fragomeni.

School spokesman Dennis Kennedy said Brenz was part of the school’s automotive engineering program.

The accident occurred at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, when Brenz crashed his 2001 Kawasaki motorcycle into the back of a 2003 Ford Escape near the intersection of Williams Road and Meadow Drive, Fragomeni said.

Brenz was accelerating and passing other vehicles to his left when he struck the SUV, Fragomeni said.

The collision caused the SUV to spin and tossed Brenz off his motorcycle and onto the ground, Fragomeni said.

Brenz was rushed to Albany Medical Center, but was soon pronounced dead.

Fragomeni said the accident was caused by “reckless operation of a motorcycle,” adding the incident was, “Another senseless death. Twenty-two-years old is much too early to die. We can only hope that the reports of this tragedy cause someone else to pause before they operate a vehicle in a reckless manner,” Fragomeni said.

Read more: http://www.timesunion.com/local/article/Police-Victim-of-crash-died-just-after-leaving-3356072.php#ixzz1nEWeXmSt

^^

“Another senseless death. Twenty-two-years old is much too early to die. We can only hope that the reports of this tragedy cause someone else to pause before they operate a vehicle in a reckless manner,”

• True Story

RIP…

Was a pretty brutal accident, one of my classmates watched the entire thing. Very sad, up by Williams hall people drive Like maniacs. I’m always watching out. Rip

http://www.news10.com/story/16997171/motorcyclist-killed-in-north-greenbush-crash

Many people don’t have enough self control to own a bike.

<<< :shifty

This is the reason I don’t own a bike. I got my permit and only rode my cousins bike once. It was all I needed to know it wasn’t for me.

good on you for using good judgement :tbu

I’ve had friends tell me that they were interested in riding and I’ve literally told them they are too reckless to own a motorcycle. It’s a fact, some people assess risk differently and have different perceptions of hazard. Being impatient will also get you into big trouble on a motorcycle.