Another rocket down....

Anyone have anymore details?

Co-worker told me this morning that yesterday a 19yo on a rocket hit a car on California Rd. and was dead on the scene. I guess it was on Channel 4 news this morning. Waiting on more info.

I made a few phone calls and everyone i know is all right.

WTF two deaths this week in the southtowns :frowning:

BE SAFE

shit, I thought you meant… you know… a ROCKET.

http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/n0607/10gslvfailure/

ugh

19yo

IMHO too young to be driving one of those things

/get off my lawn!

I heard that this year has been the worst so far motorcycle accidents. Its sad.

Anyone on here riding, please be careful. I am sick of reading these threads and this is NY. Everyone thinks they own the road and not used to sharing the road with bikes year round.

There HAS been a rash of nasty accidents… but I don’t think it’s entirely the fault of “not sharing the road” as you say.

I am not used to or clear how I can be “sharing” anything with t-shirt clad morons who zoom by me at 95-120+ while I’m driving a 6000lb truck? …If by that I mean, the overtaker has the responsibility to do so safely… weaving in and out of rush-hour traffic like the gem-of-a-biker-soon-to-be-darwin-award who passed me yesterday morning and inspired this rant/response doesn’t quite fit “safe” in my book.

Put your flame-suit on moffit…

(Orchard Park, NY, June 28, 2007) - - A teenager was killed riding his motorcycle in the Southtowns.

Orchard Park police say 19 year old Dennis Cavanaugh of Cheektowaga was heading north on California Road near Thruway Builders Wednesday afternoon.

His bike went off the road and hit a parked vehicle.

Mercy Flight transported Cavanaugh to ECMC where he died.

The cause of the crash is still under investigation Thursday morning.

[quote=“dmoffitt,post:6,topic:31623"”]

There HAS been a rash of nasty accidents… but I don’t think it’s entirely the fault of “not sharing the road” as you say.

I am not used to or clear how I can be “sharing” anything with t-shirt clad morons who zoom by me at 95-120+ while I’m driving a 6000lb truck? …If by that I mean, the overtaker has the responsibility to do so safely… weaving in and out of rush-hour traffic like the gem-of-a-biker-soon-to-be-darwin-award who passed me yesterday morning and inspired this rant/response doesn’t quite fit “safe” in my book.

[/quote]

I totally agree with you that there are some bikers who are asking for trouble and do some dumb shit. But just the same, there are some that do nothing wrong and get in serious accidents.

Dear god guys, be careful. These threads need to stop.

[quote=“JUICEDSS,post:8,topic:31623"”]

(Orchard Park, NY, June 28, 2007) - .

His bike went off the road and hit a parked vehicle.

[/quote]

Sounds like he lost his balance or overshot a curve. So young too. I feel for his family because they will never be the same.

i wonder if it is the cavanaugh family that own consumers beverages?

A kid that works with me was friends with the deceased. I actually work very close to where this happened. We heard the Mercy flight 'copter right before we left for the day.
Apparently he had just turned onto California from Milestrip. The end of California is an immediate left,right uphill. I go that way home from work alot and speaking from personnal experiece I usually boot through those turns. I can only imagine a kid on a bike would probably do the same.
I also was told he only had that bike for a month, so inexperience or unfamiliarity with the bike is probably to blame.
Tragic nonetheless. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

shitty.

its very easy to run wide in a turn on a bike… especially when your learning. RIP… last year at this time i lost an 18-19 year old friend… i think about it everyday… tragic indeed. :frowning:

i went to high school with his brother russ. that sucks. :tdown: nyspeeders be careful on your bikes this year.

[quote=“boxxa,post:9,topic:31623"”]

…there are some that do nothing wrong and get in serious accidents.

[/quote]

one of my best friends has the $3000 piece of titanium in him as (thank god) living proof of this.

Man, this is crazy. :frowning:

another reason why I’m glad I don’t have a bike

Moffit you seem very hostile today haha. Go look at your Z it’ll make you feel better. On topic - Very sad to hear all of these auto related deaths lately. RIP

[quote=“Boomin99GT,post:19,topic:31623"”]

Moffit you seem very hostile today haha. Go look at your Z it’ll make you feel better. On topic - Very sad to hear all of these auto related deaths lately. RIP

[/quote]

yea he makes a very valid point though. it seems as though people have a “superman” complex and i dont mean like cubancrisis. i mean like people think “it wont happen to me” but as terrible as it may seem, it can and most likely will happen… people on bikes need to be careful… when i see people doing wheelies down the 290 at 80+mph in a beater and shorts… come on, thats begging for trouble. better not see any nyspeeders in the obituary this summer