Another one killed

My wife’s sister’s boyfriend died yesterday in a bike crash . His name is nick sciarrino , 28yrs old . All the details we know so far is he was taking a turn and crashed head on into a truck , we don’t know if he was a noob and swung to wide in the turn or if the truck was in his lane …

Heard about this on the news.

Accident with a truck in Amsterdam.

Sorry to hear that it hits close to home.

Please post up any details as you find them.

Correct me if I’m wrong but the previous two on 787 were operator errors?

Yea this was the one in Amsterdam

This has been a bad season…

Ohhh man. Dude I am sorry for the loss.

This season sucked for sure.

Sorry for your loss my friend.

R.I.P my condolences to your family.

wow…RIP.

This it this accident?? http://www.cbs6albany.com/news/-1287118--.html

Sorry for your loss. A girl I know witnessed it unfortunately.

damn, RIP!

From ride-ny

Sucks real bad, i worked with him over at corps park for a while, not really close but a good friend of mine…R.I.P

Edit. I remember when we sat outside for lunch and he was telling me that he was looking for a bike…makes me think twice about the thought of getting one.

Well nobody seems to listen to me when I say crotch rockets don’t make good street bikes. I almost lost my life in my accident and I’ve seen plenty others come close or actually lose it. They are not all that fun below the speed limit and are exhilaratingly fast at 60+ mph. The risk is always there even on a 250 but combine no experience and super car performance and you got recipe for disaster.

I know I got little to no self control so on the street I now ride bikes that keep me in check and happy (Sv’s and motard). Gsxr is dedicated track duty. (collecting dust lately :frowning: )

But that’s a whole another debate.

but in this instance, taking a turn too fast will cause a crash regardless of what type of motorcycle you’re on

imo the reason crotch rockets are linked to lots of crashes isn’t because of the motorcycle itself, it is because of the type of people who are attracted to them (young thrill seekers who aren’t very safety conscious)

Where was a turn involved here?

From the post from another forum he was going 120mph plus presumably in a straight line and collided with a truck.

The unfortunate thing is, the bikes most appealing to beginners are the ones that are least beginner friendly.

We need more models, the new 250 is on the right track but most people want a bit more than that.

From what I was told he took a turn to wide drifted into a oncoming truck

^This
A bike has nothing to do with rider error, or the level of invincibility most riders on street bikes put in their minds. That’s why so few wear gear it’s to hot, they don’t need it. IMO the MSF doesn’t teach enough & lets people pass to easy. They leave thinking they know all there is to know about riding a bike once they get their license.

The thought of going to riding school or reading books on how to improve their skills does not pass 90% of riders minds. The only thing most care to learn is “How to Wheelie, How to do a Stopie or a burnout.”

A 250 should be a starting point for most riders, but few people take motorcycles seriously & just want a bike to look cool & be fast.

Wow I like the new guy already.

Plus rep will be given (even though the R6 is arguable the worst street bike, best track bike :tongue )

Just about every bike that is street or beginner friendly, even if it has power behind it doesn’t have curb appeal when you park it in front of a local coffee shop. So they dont work a status symbol. However once new riders get the bike “of their dreams” they realize that its not all that comfy on the street (hence low miles a year on most SS bikes) expensive to insure and fix, and you everytime you hit peak power band you can lose your license for being way over the limit.

Oh and they don’t need gear as they are not planning on crashing.

I love riding the 250. Literally feels like youre flying.

But I do disagree, bike has a lot to do with rider error, it can make it a lot easier to have the error by being less forgiving, more twitchy and harder to operate.

I would actually argue that a rocket is ideal for a street bike, due the the power to weight ratio and manuverability. If I’m going to be on a 400 pound vehicle that can be flattened by any idiot not paying attention I want one with as much performance as possible. Any bike be it a 250 or 1000 is really only as dangerous as the person riding it. Just for reference I learned on and still ride a 02 600 F4i

Something about a turn was mention in the OP

We all know that a crotch rocket is harder to learn on than a different type of motorcycle. It takes more seat time to become a truly “experienced” rider. That is why a crotch rocket is a terrible starter bike. But once you become “experienced” then its just like any other motorcycle. The twitchyness vanishes. (its like learning to drive on a manual transmission, at first its very hard but eventually it becomes so second nature that you don’t even notice anymore).

So all I’m saying is that in experienced hands, a crotch rocket is just as good a street bike as any other bike.

It is still a bad starter bike!! And many of these accidents are caused by kids getting into situations that they don’t have the necessary experience to handle (and they get into these situations because they’re young thrill seekers who don’t think about safety)