Motyorcycle title question

Long story short… Planing on picking up a 73 cb750 as a donor bike for a project, from a co worker.

Has been in the works for some time. The only problem is that his son cant find the title for it.

Question: Would a bill of sale suffice in this matter , and how hard would it be to obtain a title from the DMV? I assume that once a title is obtained registration and licensing is business as usual?

Call the dmv and ask… or see if it was a transferable registration back then?

he can file for a new title, its like 20 bux

this. its the same as if the title for a car was lost. he can file for a replacement title, and then your good to go as normal with him signing it over to you and such.

Sidenote: what you gettin’ a CB750 for??? :naughty: I remember daryl tellin me you were checkin out my cafe build CB550 when I wasn’t around lol, i’ve been told your ass graced my seat

LMAO!!!. My ass sure did. Its rare I get to see some good metal work. Most people I know (with very few og exceptions) would have molded one out of fiberglass or something.

I was thinking about a caffe build but then “sat down…just sat lol” on the chopper that TurboCiv built and found it pretty damn comfortable so i decided to build a chopper instead. I have never actually been able to get comfortable on a cruiser but that bike i liked.

The thing with the 750 is like this. I work with the kids dad, the bike is in the dad’s garage. The dad has been proding the kid to find the title for the last few months, and the son basically just chooses to play x-box and get high so in other words finding it is not a priority.

So I was thinking. If I were to buy the bike with only a bill of sale how much of a PITA would it be to title it. Id hate to do a bunch of work to it only to have some ass come to my house claiming I stole it lol.

The guys kid supposedly has the title. But i guess hes just too lazy to look for it.

I had to do this also when I bought my cb750 last summer. took a couple weeks to get then I went to the dmv with the new title and filled it out to transfer it just like you would for a car.

my 73 suzuki has a transferable registration

Thought the cut off was 72? ill wait the kid out a little longer, if he keeps on slacking with the title/ registration im just going to dump the deal.

who needs a title… fix it up then ride it like you stole it!