moved onto the pda phone crew

got a used sprint ppc 6700, so far liking it

4gb/1gb mem cards so plenty of space

anyone else have this phone?

just gotta get SP1 to install so i can use active sync :doh:

A bit bulky & not the best battery life. …not the most stable phone. Expect once a week reboots in stock form. If you start toying with it, expect to reboot once a day.

Otherwise, it is a really useful unit overall.

i had one for a year… now i have the mogul… if you have any questions… my 6700 was nice when i had it.

yea i like mine, hickups once a while but its not bad, i have a custom WM6 rom on it at the moment not having any trouble with it. your right about the shitty battery life, i bought an extended battery off ebay and it lasts 4 days now. ive been very happy with it since the battery upgrade.

homo face…

i have an extra battery for that phone along with some extras i think…

yea i got the extened battery for $4.50 new lol

lasted 2 days on first charge :slight_smile:

and yea, reboot it about once a day, usually in the morn its frozen lol…ahh well so far so good though, just unsure about flashing it to WM6, I have the cd for it, just dont want to brick it, which i’m told is possible while doing it

hmmm

basically got this cause I had a hp Ipaq with WM5 on it and am used to the setup, so really the phone was the only thing to learn

doh maximus…forgot you had the phone haha, or forgot your on here…too many nyspeeders where we work rofl

stupid me ordered the wrong case for it that doesn’t fit the extended battery, its ok though someone from work is gonna buy it from me…

might as well buy a hearing aid now - you’re going to need it to hear people :slight_smile:

yea the case that i have for mine fit the extended batter fairly well, i wasnt even thinking about that when i got the case either, at the point it did not have the extended battery.

And yes the one problem i do have with it is that its hard to hear people but i normally dont talk on my phone, i txt people more.

i have a treo 650 and dont know what to use it for other then texting :gotme:

nice :tup:

now just flash it and you’ll be all set

I got a 6700 brick for sale and 3 spare brand new batteries.

I have the Sprint HTC Touch (iPhone killer). :slight_smile: 2 phones above the 6700. :slight_smile:

6700 you need a miracle ear to hear. Rebooting wasn’t that bad.
Good phone though.

I have the Cingular 8525 with WM6

I disagree, 6800 > touch > 6700. lol text on the touch bloooooows… but i do like the looks and feel of the touch…when its off, lol.

I have no problem with texting. I’ll use the stylus or the big button keyboard.

i hate the touch keyboard… mogul > *

i just got a mogul, pretty badass if i do say so myself

have you flashed it at all yet?

hmmm I can hear people fine on my 6700, even speakerphone while driving is pretty decent, louder than my katana before this

either way, liking it so far :slight_smile: gotta find that program to be able to send pic mail through text though, saw it the other day but now lost it!

why would you buy something so dated?

twas cheap :stuck_out_tongue: