Movie editing help!

Ok I have movies of all different formats on my comp.(.VOB, mpeg, .MOV, etc)

Is there a movie editing device I can dl to merge and edit them? I hate having all these different formats and shit. I want to add music and pictures and what not. Help me out!! :slight_smile:

Its easy enough to torrent something like adobe after effects with a crack. Windows im assuming ?

sony vegas pro 8
i torrented it and all i had to do was download a couple codecs and it works fine.

yes windows I’ll try that vegas pro 8

Just got Vegas pro 9 installed let me know if anyone wants it.

I have Sony Vegas Pro 11, has anyone used this software? I need help figuring out how to set things up so my videos at 720p and 60fps arent 42gb when its only 7 minutes long.

the project might be 42gb, but you should be exporting out to something with compression at the end.

Just seems like a very large project. I used the same video about 5 times. (different spots of the same video which is about 8 minutes long on the original) I cut them down for the sections I needed, added one song. The final video is about 6 minutes.

I’ll have to look at the settings again and see what its setup for for rendering.

Edit: I didnt change anything with the quality of the video on the software, just used the original quality as final product.

• Updated - - -

This is the video they say is 42gb. lol

Can you screen shot us your export settings?

I’ll try to get that today.
Thank you.

Figured out my problem. Did an edit yesterday and turned out being under a gig for over 7 minutes of video.

Thank you for trying to help.

Buy a Mac?

I almost need to with the editing for photos and videos rather than gaming. I just cant pull the trigger on a $1800 computer or more

You can get a refurbed Air sub 1000 and refurbed 13" Retina mbp for 1200

I’ve never been one for Refurbed when it comes to computers and most electronics.

Carries the exact same warranty as Apples new products and you can purchase Apple care on them for extended support like new Macs, there are no real downsides to Apple Refurbs.

Well now that might change things. Thanks for the heads up.