Moving cross country, couple questions..

The oregon trail references are fucking priceless. + Karma to Fry.

I also find that talk radio is awesome for long drives. I downloaded the i<3 radio app on my phone and listen to old Elvis Durant and the morning show broadcasts. Fun stuff.

greuling pace + river fords only… ditch the meat to remove weight though. there will be plenty of time to hunt for more meat with the grueling pace. Plus hunting is a good way to sweat out that dysentary.

yeah, I’ve never made it to the end

I’ve found Pandora comedian stations are perfect for long drives.

Also good, but can sometimes be hit or miss. I hate it when I skip more than 5 in a row and it stops me. I’m not baller enough to pay for Pandora.

Hotel tonight is a good app. $25 credit first time you use it too

That’s pretty rad that you’re just driving to Austin with a garbage bag full of clothes lol. Godspeed

instantly thought of this…

I’ve driven Houston the Buffalo many times, it’s super easy.

Go to Memphis and book a hotel there. It’s about 13 hours or so depending on your pace. Then off to Austin. If you get tired around Houston let me know and you can crash at my place.

I left Buffalo with just my clothes. Spent a few weeks in a hotel, then got an apartment. Purchased a bedroom set the day I got my apartment. Been buying crap ever since to fill up my house lol.

You’ll love the weather, people, no state income taxes, no salt destroying your car, the food and most everything else. Welcome to Texas!! :slight_smile:

^^ You forgot the guns.

Did I hear a niner in there? What, were you calling from a walkie talkie?

No… It was cordless.

Enjoy the gun state. Let me know if you’re coming back so you can load the land barge with ammo for me.

Plus it won’t work where there isn’t cell reception. I learned the hard way

I have an in with uhaul, for the trailer & hitch. Fuck shipping it. I drove back & forth with an index card with an order of cities, a bottle of mini thins & a bag of broken glass to chew on. Man up, get tired and sleep in the queen sized bed in the back of your GD car you skirt. Let me know if you want a trailer & I’ll hook you up.

I would think twice about the trailer idea. I took one to South Carolina, and because they are such areodynamic bricks, I saw HORRIBLE gas mileage, to the point that I thought I had a hole in the gas tank. Anything over 70 and I couldn’t break 10 miles per gallon. Between that and the 1 way trailer rentals not being the cheapest, I made the wrong decision moving my stuff with an enclosed 5 x 8

X…