mpg on your bikes..

just curious if anyone ever actaully checked theres…

i usaully only get 21-30 ish if im out riding hard and 50-55 mpg on road trips… 01 zx6r and for some reason always run out around 120-135ish on a tank

On the XL1200C, the lowest I ever got was 35 MPG. I usually get about 45-50 MPG.

Once I got 60 MPG, but that was freakish combination of what must have been exceptionally good fuel, atmospheric conditions, and very few throttle changes over 100+ flat ground miles.

just got home from filling up and got 35.6 mpg this time, most of this riding was to and from work (no highways) with my girlfriend on the back every time on the bike.

whiel on this topic, my buddy is tryin to tell me he’s gettin over 60 mpg on some 800cc suzuki cruiser type bike…i call 100% bullshit but am i wrong?

If it’s EFI and he’s light on the throttle, maybe.

when breakin i was around 45mpg, if im riding hard its like 36mpg. long straigh trips i dont know what they are lol

nice… makes me want to buy a small 250 just to go back and forth to work

Mine’s a gas hog. I really have no idea because it fulcutates that much depending on how I’m riding.

if i ride well and am not hard on it, it is about 50mpg…if I am driving hard it drops to about 30mpg. No big deal though.

i call bs i have an 05 boulavard s 50, 800 intruder rebadged, anyway it has a 2 1/2 gallon tank and i get like 130 miles a tank, now i ride it pretty hard but 60mpg is crazy

I get about 40 no matter what… now, i really don’t go on any long cruising trips, and i ride the bike pretty hard all the time, so maybe that would explain it… but the gas light comes on faithfully around 120 miles (give or take 2 or 3 miles)

did 44.1 yesterday rode about 160 miles alot of city south park highway and country roades and was cranking on it!

not bad for a 1300

hmm… im going to have to re check my mpg… it seem’s like for a 600 im doing horrible…

true or false? while riding a wheelie on carb model bikes… is it true there’s a over flow tube that pures gas out of it?

i know when i had my motor off there is a such tube from the carbs and comes out near the shock… but in a wheelie does it pour gas out the carbs? due to the angle?

just curious…

Not sure what model carbs you have, but that is probably just a vent, depending on where it connects to.

Fuel level on most carbs is controlled by a float, and will only allow a pre-set amount of fuel into the carb. It should work at most any upright angle (if you are inverted on a bike I doubt you are worried about fuel flow).

You shouldn’t be losing fuel because of a wheelie and if you did I would sure hope it wouldn’t drain near the rear tire…that would be bad. If you are getting bad mileage it’s possible you are just running exceptionally rich due to worn needles or a bad jet setup.

OMG, what up man

Street - Mid 30’s
Track - maybe 12

let me guess, POS R1 still? :finger:

Dude, don’t be ripping on Ghetto Fabulous :bash: :rant: :jerkit:

yea get rid of that ghetto zip tied bike :blue:

you know i never thought about it but gas pouring out on the tire would definitly be bad! lol…

very good points! thanks

Nada dude. Been a while. Just checkin the place out and droppin my 0.02 where it isn’t wanted, as usual. We gotta catch up this summer.

Yeah, there’s alot to be said for zip ties! (esp. if they are color coordinated)