MrRage Sepc V 09 Build **NEW VIDZ** Page 20

If it’s Travis from Apex I already talked to him/

Yes he is…

Yes sorry thats the Travis(i am not really up on Edmonton tuner shops:blushing:) he works at MOPAC now.
I will get ahold of Derrick and see what he can do for you. I would even pay to get it dyno tuned with a SAFC it wouldn’t be more than an 1hr or two. Go to Lightspeed and you can see your before and after numbers from last time you were there.

See thats the problem. Last time I was there and Cam dynod my car I dynod 128whp. My 04 Stock spec v dynod 153 whp @ Apex Modified. So i’m trying to figure out why my dyno # was so far off. It really makes me not wanna go back to Cam.

His Dyno pack is a better dyno It has much more control for tuning that the Mustang dyno I think he only uses the mustang for trucks now, I am not sure which dyno you were on though. The Mustang dyno is a heartbreaker for sure:sad:

I thought about this a bit…Two different cars two different dynos on two different days two different altitudes I am not sure thats an accurate comparison. The heat the humidity and the baro could easily make a 25whp differnce from day to day. I am just saying you cant really fairly compare with all of the variables. Cam has always done right by me so thats why i brought him up.

So you telling me a Stock 04 Spec V dynos better than my 05 with Intake, Header, Exhaust, +2 timing, MMI and a host of other things? Plus most stock spec V are in the 150whp range on the internet.

Wow Gord,

I am in no way meaning anything I said in any kind of offense. I really do appreciate your help and information. I’m just stating a fact that just seems funny to me. I know dynos vary. It’s just when your off by that much and 6000 other members on myspecv.com dyno there stock spec v’s nation wide and get around 146-160whp you have to ask what’s wrong. I will consider Cam for a proper dyno tune. And one again I meant nothing in any of my previous statements to anger you.

Ryan

Sorry Ryan.
i had a horrible day i found out instead of laying off 3-4 guys that are near useless my boss cut everyones income instead, i stand to lose at least $40,000/year so i am little fired up today.

Sorry i took it out on you.
I do realize that Cams Mustang Dyno reads lower than most, especially the ones I see from the US it might have a lot to do with altitude and other things type of Dyno is another big one that effects the readings ie, Dyno Dynamics Dyno Jet ect ect. My car with CAI, 2.5" exhaust, intake plenum spacer and an SAFC only put down 230whp most guys on my350z.com are getting that on stock cars. I do think weather you get Cam to tune it or not i would take it back there to see how much WHP you gained with the turbo on the same dyno. Then take it to Apex and see what you put down…I know that is starting to be alot of money in Dyno time but IMO that is the best way to compare you before turbo and after turbo # and still have a decent number from Apex and of course you have been to the track before so thats the real measurment of what you have gained.
Gord

I know how that feels between me taking a pay cut a few weeks ago and the woman being laid off we lost over $70k of income.

Ryan I want to see that Turbo on in the next few weeks. lol.

Hey Gord,

Sorry to hear about your luck. I’m hoping there are no pay cuts in my future. As for the dyno my car was dynod on the dynapak dyno.

You cannot do direct apples to apples comparisons of dyno results between Dynojet <—> Dynapack <—> Mustang. They are just too different.

If you can, try to stick to one type of dyno for all your comparisons. Afterall, it’s the “delta” (before vs. after for any change you’ve made to the car) that’s important at the end of the day, not the absolute number.

I try to stick with a DynoJET whenever I can, because I know in the case of Z32s that’s what >80% (maybe even >90%) of the people across north america use and have access to.

wheres the build pics? this thread is lacking!!!

lol all starts Monday

awesome, goodluck bud!

So I started my turbo build Monday! I got the header, bumper, oil pan, alternator, and intake out. I also got my 3" exhaust on but not joined up so my car was freaking loud coming home.

Tuesday. Got my butterfly valves removed. Glad to see they were all still there. Also cut the BS chin and got my oil pan out. Anyone wants a stock pan lol.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v356/ragerman/Turbo/IMG_5226.jpg

I’m hoping for a better day today. I got called into work and couldn’t do anything. I’m sick right now which sucks but she’s gotta get done

looks awesome!
so whats going to be your spare whip for when your having problems with the specV?

LOL’ing at the CDN Tire money.

Looks like a fun project Ryan.