Mufflers

Ok talk to me about mufflers.

I have built a couple exhausts and want to try something new on my EcoBoost.

Keep in mind:

That I tow so I don’t want drone under load.
I take out clients and business type folks so it can’t be super loud.
I don’t have cat’s and its 3" down pipes.
I will have it exit out the side after the cab but before the wheels.

That being said I made a simple one out of two resonators I had. It went from 3" Y pipe to a 3" in 2.5" out res to a 2.5" in/out res. Its too loud under WOT but great down low. Sucks while towing…

I was going to put on a Flowmaster 50 series I have but a guy at the shop said chambered mufflers are bad on turbo cars. Does this matter? I know the Flowmaster will not be loud and that’s what I want. its a 3" in dual 2.5" out.

I was thinking 3" down pipes, 3" cutout, 3" res, 3" flowmaster to dual 2.5" out the side. Should be good right?

So my main question is will a chambered muffler be ok on a turbo car. I’m assuming it will be fine and be less restrictive then factory still. (Factory is 2.5" with two mufflers and lots of bends.)

i have these on my GP … NO Drone … sounds great at WOT

Dynamax 4x9s on the Formula were very quiet unless you were WOT and I had no cats.

I guess to clarify, I have a 50 series sitting in my garage that I got for free… actually I have a 40s a 50s and about 6 resonators lol so I want to put together something from the junk I have sitting around.

Will a chambered muffler really hurt performance?

You will never get those 1-2rwhp back :lol:

damnit

Time to add NAZ (and run low 12s lol)

i cant stand flowmaster.

i like magnaflow.

youll never have a “quiet” exhaust if you dump it out infront of the rear wheel like that. ive never heard an exhuast that wasnt loud in the cab when mounted there.