Keep my current duals or go with a single exhaust?

Im not really sure what I should do for exhaust wise… ethier keep my current duals… which pretty much goes from the downpipe into a big muffler that has to exhaust tips comming out of it. ALmost like most neons are… or should I go with a single exhaust the dumps into a fart can… just not sure what to do…?

My current exhaust… best pic I could find…

or a straight pipe single exhaust?
http://myspace-842.vo.llnwd.net/01110/24/82/1110662842_l.jpg

single ricer exhaust… that car actually looks pretty damn nice also

i like the duals myself if they had different tips and were tucked up abit better

i dont like angled ricer cans

single 4" no muffler

you really dont need a muffler since its boosted, my car was not loud at all

lol

my srt sounded awesome when it was straight pipe… iloved it. ia gree with joe… after all he is the turbo master

I am 100% serious, I would go 4" because you will not have to go very far and you will never have to make a new one…

• it will help spool time and power big time, I couldent stand my car with the 3" on it… having a 4" is just like and open down pipe

yes but when this car runs it will prolly make half the power of what you make … ill prolly hit with 20psi on this tubo @ 300whp… I think a 4" is a little overkill…

+1 on overkill… single 4 inch is enough to feed a 400-500whp V8…let alone a 300whp turbo 4.

i’d go 3 inch with a muffler. thats plenty. lots of STI’s using 3inches and making big power. same with alot of turbo 4’s

my friend used to have a 11 second neon with open down pipe… that thing was wicked sounding but loud

hey its not my car, I would at least go with a 3" with no muffler, that would be pretty much like an open downpipe…(since motor in back)

I was refering to when my car made 262whp it was soooo much nicer to drive with an open dp then having an exaust on it!

mufflers are for STOCK turbo cars…i mean if you wanna stay stock go ahead and put a “fart can” on it! 50% of the time the cans make it god damn louder!

I duno Ive seen alot 4" exhaust cars… I know when cheeks had his @ 4" with the 2871 with the old exhaust it was obnoxiously loud… I have also heard a few dsm’s with a 4" exhaust on them… and joes car really isnt that loud…

you are very much right there.

its not about overkill its about how the turbo spools and makes power with and open DP and thew a muffler
I have lots of experance with this thewout the years

he wont be running a big turbo tho… so wouldnt a 4inch be too big for a small turbo? you need some back pressure to get turbos to spool quickly.

there will be “some” back pressure in a 4"

4" is better for the motor in many ways too. less pressure, less heat, more power.

I dont know where u heard you need “some” back pressure helps turbos spool better…
in all the boosted cars I have owned/worked on it works best with the least amount of pressure physicaly possible. how many have you tested?

go big or go home

I dont know where u heard you need “some” back pressure helps turbos spool better…
in all the boosted cars I have owned/worked on it works best with the least amount of pressure physicaly possible. how many have you tested?

i’m not doubtin your experience, i’m just reading Maxium Boost by corky bell and i thought i remember him saying you need some back pressure in pipe behind the turbo to get it to spool quicker. too much pressure is not good but i thought he said you need a little. i’ll have to look at it again

:stupid: … i agree single 3" or 4"

single 3.5 call it a night.

Agreed - abosolutely NO backpressure is needed to hep a turbo spool faster. Open DP always yeilds the best numbers. Dan - If it were me, I would make my judgement on how much I’m driving the car, Daily Driver Ect. I think you would be ok w/ a 3" w/ muffler. That muffler at jeff’s(dual tips) looks like an expensive jobby but I didn’t really check it out to see how restrictive it was.